Saturday, May 2, 2015
Week In Review - Ten Things Of Thankful (98)
Another exciting week is over. Friday was a public holiday, and we spent it with my parents; the actual plan was to see the May Day parade in their town and then head to the fair, but with the rain we rather stayed in and relaxed. Today was the more exciting, being stranded in town after one of the tires on my car exploding and the repair shop I schlepped myself to shutting down. I'm definitely up for a relaxing Sunday tomorrow!
This last week, I was especially thankful for:
1. Meeting a wonderful colleague from Saudia Arabia and learning so much more about her life, which is totally different from mine but in some areas still the same.
2. Spontaneous late-afternoon coffee get-togethers with the neighbors.
3. Lily being absolutely supportive, taking a shower all by herself and getting ready for bed while I put Calvin down for the night.
4. A collection of home-made jams, gifted to us by our new neighbor.
5. Weekday breakfast with all three kids on all 4 school days this week!
6. Hubby for organizing our rescue when I stranded in Erlangen with an exploded tire.
7. Our wonderful friend who took Richard and a spare tire a ride to Erlangen.
8. Again Richard for interrupting his school work and playing with Calvin while I retreated to nurse my migraine.
9. Chocolate easter bunnies being safely turned into delicious oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Our candy bowl is considerably smaller now, and a good part of the cookies distributed in the neighborhood.
10. The kids being supportive when I really needed them to, Like during bath time for 3 while hubby was out for a rehearsal, or when I was stranded with a blown-up tire. The three may be unruly at times, but whenever I absolutely need them to, they are all picture-perfect!
Have a great weekend, everyone!