It's a special button, because it's a special TToT. Here is a Happy Anniversary to all participants, the awesome co-hostae, and most of all the fabulous Ms. Lizzi R., aka The Considerer, the splendid mind behind this life-changing blog hop.
I have to admit, I'm late today, it's 12:02 am, so actually Monday.. And in a mere 5 hours and 28 minutes, I will be risen from slumber to get ready for work (open the flood gates of coffee, at least the taxes are done for another year!!!!). But since Ms. R is safely tucked away in England, and most of the co-hosts across the big pond, where it is still safely Sunday, I will call upon the Guardian Virgins, go ahead and participate:
1. My first and foremost thankful is Lizzi. Ever since I've been introduced to her blog hop, my life has changed. It's the little things I focus on every day. This reflection has improved my life and made me an overall happier person. There are no words to thank you for this, Lizzi!! You are most positively awesome!!!
2. I've heard rumors that the topic of the anniversary will be "boxes", so I am thankful for the boxes in my life. The little black box containing a shiny white gold ring well over 9 years ago that changed my life's path forever. Those little cardboard boxes containing those little pee sticks that confirmed our feelings of even greater changes in our lives: the arrival of three wonderful children, and last but not least our most recent box, our blue box, that is definitely bigger on the inside not only in space (as various people have confirmed to us), but most importantly with everything that brings a house to life: love, laughter, arguments, slammed doors and make-up hugs later, stories and memories.
|Our blue box (preview for Clark!!)|
3. The man who's standing with me for those past 9+ years. Through the good times and the bad ones. I know that we both were at a point during those years where we just wanted to walk out, but our love made us stay and rebuild our relationship, coming out stronger each and every time. I've known from the bottom of my heart that he would be my husband, my life partner, before we even met in person, and no matter what, I've stood by it every day ever since.
4. Our Lily, our first-born. She made me a mom and hubby a daddy. She's pure sunshine when she's happy and the darkest thunderstorm when she's upset. She is my likeness to the point that it's almost scary, especially when we butt heads. But once we both calmed down, we can laugh about it. I am so proud of our strong-willed, stubborn, confident, loving girl!
5. Our Violet, our surprise child. She came into our lives when we least expected it but we most needed it. She sparked major changes in our lives without knowing it. She made Lily a big sister, and it still warms my heart thinking about those first days and weeks as a family of four. Ever since she's grown into the most loving, caring, and sensitive little girl, who has just so much to give. I'm thankful to be part of her life and by her side as she grows up.
6. Our Calvin, our baby, our son. You made our family complete; now Violet is a big sister, too, and she loves on you every single day. It's amazing to see the bond between the two of you! You are such a mischievous, happy, adventurous little guy and I am incredibly excited to have such an important part in your life. I can't wait to watch you grow up, find your special interests and hobbies, and probably drive your sisters up the wall on occasion.
7. My mom for never giving up on my. I know that being who she is, it wasn't easy to be my mom, but she stood by me and stood up for me. Without her, I wouldn't be where I am today, and for this I will be always incredibly thankful to her.
8. My dad for always being there when we really needed him. Being who he is, he wasn't very involved in our lives, but whenever there was an emergency, we knew that we could rely on him, no matter what nature this emergency was.
9. My sister. I know that a little over a year ago, she wouldn't have been even NEAR this list, she was not part of my life. But I am thankful that she had the courage to pick up the phone when she did because I know I wouldn't have. And I am incredibly thankful that during those 2 years or so of no contact, we both grew into ourselves and above ourselves, and that today we have a great relationship again.
10. All the friends, neighbors, colleagues, and random people in my life. They are the ones who make me rich, in experience, in relationships, and in support. There are too many to name, but they all have a special place in my heart and my life.
Ok, over and out for today. If you read that more or less immediately after it goes life, there's still time to link up and share into the 100th Week Anniversary Celebration!