It's all about the small things, right?
My Ten Thankfuls for this week:
1. The kids meeting Santa for the first time (in the local mall). Mall Santas aren't common in Germany, so I was super-excited when I found out that there's going to be a Santa in our mall. And he was so incredibly nice to the girls. Calvin was not too keen on Santa and went to meet one of the mall's security guards instead :-)
2. A mall security guard, who is happy to hold and hug a little guy, who's decided that it's more exciting to meet a security guard than Santa.
3. A washer and dryer in our home. I don't want to think about having to wash all those clothes in a laundry shop or, even worse, by hand. No idea how our great-grandmothers and the countless generation before them managed..
4. Two girls entertaining their brother and me with songs on our little road trip to celebrate their cousin's birthday.
5. A couple of hours of sleep in the morning after a night of taking care of a little boy, who thinks that sleep is overrated.
6. So many kind people who support Lily in her decision to go all pixie while some girls in her class try to kick her out of the girls' locker room.
7. A fun afternoon baking cookies with a friend.
8. Making progress shopping for the holidays. No holiday stress planned on these shores!
9. Effective cold medication.
10. Music. It's a common passion between Richard and me. I love it when he plays for me, I love to watch him play on stage, I love listening to music with him. I love the emotions music can stir, how it can energize me or calm me down, how it can make me cry or cheer me up. Life would be bleak without music!
What were you thankful for this week?