Friday, March 28, 2014

Of Concerts And Fan Girls

Janine's Confessions of A Mommyaholic


It's Friday, weekend, finally! Somehow,. the second half of the week dragged along, still covering for two of my co-workers at work. But come Monday, at least one of them will be back, and I hope she doesn't sign off right back into vacation once she sees her email inbox.

But back to today, Friday, which means I get to Finish a really fun Sentence Janine and her friends came uo with:

I went to a concert once...

... with a friend. It was spontaneous, and unplanned, and crazy (for someone like me), and somehow an event I remember with a grin on my face.

I think my friend came up to me in between classes one day, asking me how about to go and see this lad in concert that night. In Karlsruhe, a town about 150 miles from where we lived, which, for Germans, is half a world away.



We jumped in my car right after class and were pretty lucky that we didn't hit any major traffic. We actually found the concert hall, without a navigation system or anything, which was quite an achievement for two chaos-girls like us, and we managed to be there in time for the concert. It was awesome, and the minute he entered the stage I forgot my pledge not to be a screaming fan girl and screamed my poor lungs out.

We arrived back home late that night - or early the next, to be exact, not talking much on our way back for a lack of voice, but having huge grins on until our faces hurt.

We were friggin tired during class the next day, but it was definitely worth it for both the experience and the memories over a decade later.

Have a great weekend everyone!

8 comments:

  1. I hope you have an amazing weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jen! Wishing the same to you, hope you get to relax a lot!

      Delete
  2. I never did se Lenny Kravitz in concert, but do remember those late nights when I was younger and hanging out with friends. To be young again! Thanks for sharing and totally sounded like fun. Happy Weekend now, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I did tons of hanging out as well, if possible until the sun came up the next morning, but that was hanging out taken to a whole next level. I need to ask my mom if I've ever told her about that :-)

      Delete
  3. that is the way (at least) one concert should be attended, spontaneous, outrageous, unlikely but everything simply falls into place! v cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Clark!! Reminds me to send my friend an email and ask her if she remembers the towel :-)

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a fabulous experience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It indeed was, Robbie! The craziest thing was that my friend and I actually managed to catch one of the (more or less) sweaty towels he threw into the crowd, and fought off everyone who wanted to take it from us. Kinda gross in hindsight :-)

      Delete