Sunday, June 9, 2013

Sunday Social - Blogging, Anyone?

Sunday Social


Today, I am again linking up with Ashley at Ashley Lately for Social Sunday. It has been a busy weekend, and quite honestly, I am ready for another weekend just to relax, but luckily, tomorrow is my lunch-time yoga class, so there is some time for a quick nap during the day!

This week's 6 questions are:

1. How did you come up with your blog name?
I was at a point in our lives where everything was possible and nothing guaranteed any more. Against all expectations (least of all my own) we were about to move back to my native Germany; we were about to have a second baby, which has been a huge surprise a few months earlier as well. Our lives had definitely taken some unexpected turns, thus the name.

2. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
Meeting people I would have probably never met in real life. And having a space where I can talk about things that I may not feel so comfortable sharing with people in my real life. So many more opinions form different people.

3. What is one thing you have discovered because of blogging and now can't live without?
That writing about things that really weigh on my shoulders is better than keeping it to myself. It's better than any therapy!

4. Facebook or Twitter, and why?
Facebook. I don't have time for Twitter, since I work all day and refuse to own a smart phone. I also only have a personal FB page, that I check once a day most days. Don't have time for a FB page for my blog.

5. If one celeb read your blog, who would you want it to be?
Neil Gaiman, hands down! I am so in love with his writing, and believe I would squeal and jump up and down for at least an hour should I find out that he did. *I'm not delusional, he would never read my blog, he's a busy man*

6. What is something you want people to know about your blog?
Right now? I am searching for at least 7 guest bloggers for the first week of August  :-)  If you are interested, email me or respond in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for introducing me to this hop. I hadn't heard of it before, and I really like the idea of it. Love your answer for #5. I would probably squeal and jump up and down if I met my favorite author.
    If you still need a guest blogger, I'd be happy to help out. Just let me know the date as well as what topics you'd like to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fun blog hop, Melissa! Looking forward to reading your responses on Sunday ;-)

      I happen to still look for guest bloggers, thank you! If you would write something around the topic vacation, road trip, sights, etc. If you'd like to write about anything else, you're welcome! I'd need your post by the end of July to be able to schedule everything. Just email it to me with a little something about yourself if you'd like. My email address is under the "sponsorship/disclosure" page.

      Delete