Friday, April 23, 2010

3-Hole Devil's Food Cake

First of all: Thanks to all my friends out there, who support me in my journey to a satisfying dairy-free diet. I'd like to take the opportunity to share a recipe I've gotten almost 3 years ago from my mother-in-law; only recently I have discovered that it is actually vegan, never would have guessed. I love the recipe because it is almost mess-free and the cake is just perfectly moist and chocolatey!

You'll need:
9 x 13 baking dish
measuring cup
measuring spoons
fork or wire whisk

Ingredients:
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder (regular or extra dark)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cups lukewarm water

Sift flour and other dry ingredients directly into baking dish; make 3 holes in mixture and add vanilla extract, vinegar and oil in the holes; pour water over everything and mix well. Bake at 350 F for 30 - 40 minutes.

I usually cover the cake with foil and put it in the fridge once it's cooled. It stays moist forever this way.

Enjoy (let me know how you liked it if you decide to try this recipe!)

No comments:

Post a Comment