Saturday, March 8, 2014
I received a completely unexpected phone call today. I'm not ready yet to share any details yet, but hopefully soon. Besides that, this first half of my weekend was pretty uneventful, as planned after this week. I got to sleep plenty, and this annoying pony tail is finally off. Not quite as short as I had planned, but definitely better than before.
Ten more things to be thankful this week:
1. An unexpected and spontaneous couch date with the hubby on Thursday. As usual, I fell asleep, and when I woke up, I saw hubby watching me instead of Myth Busters, mentioning that he had already seen that episode, but it was always funny again to watch me fight sleep and losing.
2. Doing well answering to Lily's question: "Mami, there is no hole in the belly, how does the baby come out??" At least, she's not freaked out about my response..
3. Carneval being over. I hate this so-called 5th season, and coem Ash Wednesday every year, I feel relieved that it's going to be almost another year until I'm tortured with horrible music and loads of drunk people again.
4. Hearing the hubby giggle from our bedroom. Tonight is game night for him, and two more of our friends in the U.S. have joined in. I'm so glad he still can play with this group of wonderful people, and that we do have the technological means nowadays.
5. Surviving the office move, and having a hubby and daughters considerate enough to let me collapse on the couch and nap for an hour right after getting home from work.
6. A lovely colleague who acts as my external hard-drive at the moment and calls me after I had completely forgotten an important appointment with HR and went shopping during my lunchbreak.
7. Another great colleague saving me from moving chaos and convincing me that an early lunch break in town is absolutely necessary.
8. Great cuddles with both Lily and Violet this evening. I had one little girl in each arm, while watching The Simpsons with them and letting them rubbing my tummy.
9. The beautiful weather during the last few days. The girls got to play at the playground in Erlangen today, after everyone got a hair cut and Lily's glasses were fixed. Can't believe it's only early March and already so beautiful outside! On Friday, I even saw the first bushes starting to blossom. Hoping for an easter egg hunt outside this year!!
10. Lily being able to communicate her feelings better these days. She's been dealing with quite some mood-swings in the past weeks, and instead of letting us know what was going on she withdrew and moped quietly, which was stressful for her and us. This morning, when she was in one of her moods again, she walked up to me, saying that she was not feeling well and would rather be left alone and sleep a little more. And off she went, just to emerge as her usual happy self an hour later.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, everyone!
Friday, March 7, 2014
What I really want to scream out loud is:
THANKS GOODNESS IT'S FRIDAY!!!
Today was fairly good, apart from just being mommy-brained so badly it annoys me. But the days before were chaos. Moving office was more stressful than I'd thought, not being able to work, stepping between moving boxes, saving my delicate orchids from the movers, being in the way, etc. My sleep wasn't the best all week, and towards the end of the week, I just became increasingly exhausted. But now, it's weekend, I get to sleep in and take naps during the day. I get to relax, and finally, finally (!!!) get that pony tail cut off tomorrow.
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!! And thank you to Janine for hosting this great link-up!