Somehow, this week was long and at times confusing, Can't even really say why, but I'm glad that it's about over. Monday will feel like (and hopefully be) a new start. Another chance to try and keep things together :-)
Among so many other things, I'm especially thankful this week for:
1. Friendship. All aspects of it. Being the person my friends turn to to talk; learning great, wonderful news ahead of time; having a friend who calls me at night to inform me that I'd go and enjoy a little wellness with her the next morning. I am really, really thankful for all the wonderful friends in our lives.
2. Calvin's first laugh.
3. Lily's reading.
4. My wonderful, wonderful colleague still thinking about me. She sent me a message this week, asking me if I wanted to join her and some colleagues from another department we two are working with for dinner in a couple of weeks. Call me hormonal, but I almost cried :-)
5. Surprise gifts for the children in the mail. I did not expect our friends to send us a box, so it was such a surprise picking up the box and seeing the sender name and address. We haven't been really in touch for several months, but receiving this gift prompted me to sit down and write a long email to them.
6. Crème Brulée. Sometimes, my needs are simple :-)
7. Hubby really liking the book I got him for his birthday. The last couple of books I got for him weren't a hit with him, so I'm especially thankful that the book didn't last 2 days.
8. Another Starbucks city mug. Our awesome new neighbor knows that I collect those and asked her daughter to bring one for me from her trip to Hamburg.
9. A morning spent drinking tea and chatting with another mom from Lily's class. Her daughter is one of the other atheists in the class as well, and I really enjoyed spending time with the other mom.
10. Having ready access to medical care. Calvin's been sick with a virus that causes him troubles breathing. Our pediatrician made him inhale a solution that was to open his airways (and did he scream bloody murder!!) and gave us a medication for at home. His breathing is almost back to normal, he's just a little congested still in the early mornings before taking his medicine.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!