Saturday, April 25, 2015
Week In Review - Ten Things Of Thankful (97)
Yesterday, we said good-bye to our friends for a few years; it was a great week with a lot of activities, fun conversation, touristing around the area, and just having a wonderful time. I already miss them like crazy and can't wait to see them again! This last week had so many things to be thankful for, most of all the memories we got to make, and which we all will always treasure.
My Ten Thankfuls for this week:
1. Having a flexible boss who let me switch days so I could have an extra day off this week to spend with our friends.
2. The girls being awesome giving up a good part of their privacy and rooming together for a week without complaining.
3. Our patio being finished.
4. The incredible chocolates our friends got for us. We have this chocolate confisérie in town that makes just the most delicious hand-crafted chocolates, definitely a treat!
5. Getting to show the town where "WE" started to our friends, the beautiful city of Bamberg.
6. Knowing a certain someone who shared an absolutely delicious tomato cream soup recipe. It truly warms the spirit!
7. Violet's kindergarten fest. Every class had a little performance, and Violet did great during hers. Afterwards, there was food, games, and the tree planting ceremony for all our town's babies born in 2014 :-)
8. A painful yet good conversation with a long-time family friend. It felt good to hear her viewpoint on certain things during my childhood and reassures us that we are doing fine raising our children.
9. Experiencing growing ever closer to hubbie. Sometimes, in the midst of everyday life and sleep deprivation, we almost forget that there's an "us" as well; the periods of refocussing on each other are always so special!
10. Our friends arriving back home safe and sound, and absolutely jet-lagged :-) We're sad they've left, but so thankful for all the memories we've got to make during the last week!
What are you thankful for this week?