I'm the queen of procrastination. So instead of writing about taxes and taxation right now, I'm being thankful for so, so many things last week, since indeed it was a wonderful week!
1. Spring having arrived. Once again. While we were still scratching ice off the windshield earlier this week, I actually got carried away when the temperatures rose to balmy 70 degrees on Friday and bought a swim diaper for Calvin.
|(c) Life, Unexpectedly|
2. Our driveway being DONE! I bet Clark will call for pictures again, and I was definitely thinking about him as I watched the workers laying the bricks. There will be pictures, I promise, but I have to admit, there aren't any yet.
3. Getting to celebrate 9 years of marriage to my wonderful, wonderful husband. I wonder how many people placed a bet we would not even see our first anniversary, given the shotgun wedding we had not quite 5 months after meeting each other. But we both simply knew in our hearts that we belonged together. Happy Anniversary, my love! I a looking forward to many, many more years together!
4. The girls loving to spend time outside. Even though the backyard is little more than a mud pit (actually, it is exactly that, although dried up at the moment), they spend hours there every day playing with the neighbors' kids and returning as dirty as they can be, and equally happy.
5. Calvin's 8-month birthday today. I can't believe that it's been 8 months since we brought this beautiful little boy home. He's been the source of joy and severe sleep deprivation, but if we know anything in the haze that's our brain right now, then it's how much we love this amazing little guy and his equally amazing sisters!
6. The person who turned in my wallet that I had forgotten in the shopping cart (thanks, mommy-brain) at the store on Friday. All the cash was still where it was, and everything else as well.
7. Violet having a bunch of wonderful friends, who helped making her 5th birthday party very, very special!
|(c) Life, Unexpectedly|
8. Our house not being trashed after said party. I really have to say, those 5 and 6-year olds were really well-behaved, picked up after themselves, ate as if they were starving, and tried to maintain an inside-voice. The birthday with the 7-year old was much, much more stressful!
9. A playground we can see from our house, and two children who are now about old enough to go to the playground by themselves - at least for an hour or so while I do some cleaning around the house.
10. Having just generally awesome neighbors. We have a pretty good mix of older and younger people, and all of them just enjoy having a community of neighbors to chat with, to support each other, kids to play with for our kids. We are really lucky and happy to live here, even though we still miss our old neighbors who have become quite close friends.
What are you thankful for this week?