Saturday, December 21, 2013
Week In Review - Ten Things Of Thankful Gone Renegade Edition
Somehow it felt weird not having a TToT link-up this week. Or next. This is the time when many things happen, spontaneous, unexpected, happy things that I am incredibly happy for. And just as I was sitting there, I found that the link-up is not so much at pause as I thought...
This week, I am very thankful for:
1. Lizzi, for creating this link-up, even when she's not only in a bad place, but broke through rock bottom and is sitting at the bottom of a 50ft crap pit. You are an inspiration in your strength to continue, to set one foot in front of the next, no matter how strong the wind is blowing. I am thankful to know you, Lizzi!
(now to the more trivial but still important thankfuls this week)
2. The bus driver handing out little chocolate Santas this Friday morning. Oh my goodnes, it SO made my day!!
3. Lily not only bringing home a beautiful heart-shaped wire ornament but also inspired me to finally take down the fall / Halloween decoration from our front door and craft some paper snowflakes with ther and Violet.
4. A spontaneous dinner with our neighbors tonight. So unexpected but fun!
5. "Nightmare Before Christmas" on TV
6. No pre-holiday stress, no waiting in line at the stores on Monday.
7. Plenty of vacation time, and colleagues who are willing to come to work so I can spend almost 2 weeks straight at home.
8. Somehow managing to take the high road in a situation that simply infuriated me. I don't know how I managed, but I did..
9. Cuddling with the girls on the couch, reading good-night stories.
10. More small translation jobs, with a prospect of regular work in the foreseeable future. It's great to be able to translate again, and for being paid for it!
Wishing everyone a relaxing weekend!