Sunday, February 15, 2015
Week In Review - Ten Things Of Thankful (87)
I have a valid excuse for having been absent all week - yet again. It's been a busy week, and I can't believe how lucky I am having the hubby I have who supports and loves me even if I'm a stressed-out, sleep-deprived, nagging zombie who doesn't do laundry and - according to him - kicks him out of the bed at night.
More thankfuls for this week:
1. Completing a big project without hubby filing for divorce while I'm buried over my head in the topic of options trade.
2. Lily bringing home a wonderful first report card. I am so proud of our girl!
3. Two of my favorite things (coffee and red wine) combined: South African Coffee Pinotage. Who ever was the genius who put this wonderful wine into smoked oak barrels: THANK YOU!!
4. Calvin sleeping better. Even though my nights were late nights, at least I got some good sleep 5 out of 7 nights (let's not talk about the other two!)
5. A wonderful lunch with my friend. Hint: if you can, get yourself an Indian friend. All of her cooking is just so out of this world delicious!
6. My new diaper bag. I would have never spent that much money on a diaper bag, but was lucky enough to be chosen as a product tester. I love everything about this bag!!
7. Cuddles in the couch with the kids. As most of us feel under the weather due to lack of sleep and/or being sick, snuggling up under a bunch of blankets in the couch, watching Tom and Jerry cartoons just cannot be beat!
8. The fact that hubby and I are on one page about boycotting Valentine's Day. We don't need to spend money to show each other our love. It's the small things every single day, from a small box of chocolates under my pillow to a book I find in the book store for him. From him letting me sleep another hour after a bad night to me making him coffee. To us, every day is Valentine's!
9. A great afternoon with my sister, her family, our parents and some of her friends celebrating my niece's birthday.
10. All the encouraging comments regarding my somewhat leave of absence. I will get back in the flow eventually, I promise!
Have a wonderful new week, everyone!!