Sunday, February 1, 2015
Week In Review - Ten Things Of Thankful (85)
A lot of things are going through my head right now. Today is the first day of my last month of full maternity leave. These past seven months have past so quickly, and most things I had planned didn't happen due to life happening at full force. On the one hand, I am happy to return to work, but then again I am sad to miss time with my aby, even though I only work 15 hours per week for the next few months. And of course, on this eve of Imbolc, I am remembering the first of Feburary of 2008, which I spent quite miserable in my second day of labor, which ends with the birth of our wonderful oldest daughter on the day of the Celtic goddess Bridget (I've recently learned that piece of information from a friend of mine, and knowing Lily, it is indeed a lucky coincidence!). This past week was busy with preparations over preparations of carnival, which happened Saturday afternoon and left two little girls excited and happy (and even somewhat sleeping in on Sunday).
Despite the stress, there were many things this week to be thankful for:
1.My mom coming over and staying overnight to watch the girls while Calvin and I went to see hubby's concert. it was wonderful, and he aced all his solos. So absolutely proud of my wonderful and talented husband!!
2. Having dinner out with a colleague of mine from Portugal and, of course, Calvin on Tuesday evening. It was so much fun, the food (Arabic) was delicious, Calvin absolutely adorable, and the conversation wonderful.
3. Getting a somewhat decent night of sleep once or twice this week, and on the others not having to go to work and sneak in naps instead.
4. Awesome parents in Lily's class. Kids tend to be best friends today and can't stand each other the next. Lily had some issues with a friend of hers; luckily, we met her and her Mom on the way home from school the other day, and we had the girls talk. No involvement from the adults, just the girls telling each other what they didn't like about their friendship at the moment, and then finding solutions together. The encounter ended with two happy girls hugging each other! Mission accomplished!
5. Lily not getting seriously injured. She fell during outside recess in school and she came home with a huge bruise on her cheek and half of her face being swollen, poor girl. It's better now, even though the bruise is still visible.
6. The kids' carnival party being over. Somehow, I dread this day all year long. I hate basically everything about carnival, most of all the very special (?) music and the noise. Done for another year..
7. Ending the carnival day with having two of my colleagues from Protugal (see no. 2) and Morocco over for dinner. The food was delicious and the conversation even better. Hoping for a repeat next year!
8. A shopping trip with my mom. It was frustrating as usual, because she has big troubles finding clothes that fit her properly, but absolutely fun!
9. Those unexpected moments with Calvin. I was so stressed this evening getting last details done to prepare for Lily's birthday tomorrow, and then he fusses again in bed. When I went to check on him, he was happily smiling at me is little sunshine smile, holding my finger and chewing on it as he was falling back to sleep. As his eyes were falling shut, he opened them a few times to give me some more of his smiles. I certainly live for moments like those!
10. Quiet mornings drinking hot chocolate with the girls while Calvin plays happily on his play blanket. Already lookign forward to the time when he's drinkin ghot chocolate with us!
What are you thankful for this week?