Saturday, February 28, 2015
Week In Review - Ten Things Of Thankful (89)
I'm writing this post from my new laptop!! Big thankful right there for hubby to spoil the heck out of me and buying me a new laptop as my old one quite annoying, freezing up for longer periods of times after about 15 minutes of using it. Very happy with my new HP!!
More thankfuls for this week:
1. A great last week of maternity leave. I got an extra hour of sleep in the mornings after Calvin decided that the perfect time to start the day is between 5:30 and 6:00, because my wonderful hubby volunteered to get up with him every single day!!
2. Making progress with Calvin's bedtime routine. We try to teach him to fall asleep without nursing, so today, after his nighttime nursing, I held him and rocked him to sleep. He's been asleep ever since, despite coughing up a storm, poor baby!
3. A wonderful doctor who rather considers all natural and little-invasive options first before prescribing the hard stuff. Right now, so many doctors are all-too.happy to prescribe antibiotics for about everything. So far, Violet has only gotten them once after everything else has failed, and they worked perfectly. Now, Calvin is again on natural remedies for yet another of his upper respiratory infections, and we hope that they will also work this time around. Hurts me listening to the poor baby cough over the babyphone, and definitely need some nighttime sleep myself again soon!
4. Chocolate cake! Delicious, delicious chocolate cake!
5. Lily having friends. Starting elementary school, I was a pretty lonely kid for the longest time, with books being my only friends. Even though Lily loves her books and I physically have to draw her nose out of them at times, she also has a lot of friends she spends time with, visits, argues and reconciles with. This week, she was gone 3 out of the 5 afternoons while still being on top of her school work and reading books as if her life depended on it!
6. Free library passes for the girls. Our local library hands out free library passes for everyone under 18, which is an awesome way to ensure that the kids of low-income families also have access to books, educational games, CDs, etc. And both girls are very proud of their very own library passes (I found that my own had expired when we tried getting books for the girls, since I usually use my work's library).
7. Morning walks to kindergarten with Violet and Calvin. The mornings are still quite brisk here, so the grass is frosted and the puddles covered with a layer of ice, which is the highlight of Violet's day at that point. By pick-up time, the ice is usually gone, so no more stomping on ice puddles for her then.
8. Rediscovering the local farmer's market. I bought veggies there twice this week, and it's so nice to buy there instead of the grocery store. Meeting the people who actually grow the food and are able to answer questions about the fruits and veggies they sell, bringing paper bags of loose food home versus shrink-wrapped packages, etc.
9. Our wonderful, silly D&D group. We may not be together as we are now for all too much longer, as a couple from our round may have to leave the country in the next months, but in the meantime, we enjoy being together, killing stuff, singing songs, eating and drinking together, and everything else around the greatest game ever!
10. Time outs for adults. Today, I really needed my 10 minutes, and I was thankful I had a place to retreat, calm myself, consider, and come out again in a much, much calmer mood, ready to face the rest of the day.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!! Consider your thankfuls, as they are not for granted!