Sunday, June 7, 2015
Week In Review - Ten Things Of Thankful (103)
Have you noticed something this past week? I posted something BESIDES the TToT. Yes, I may have even posted more, have I not been quite busy with activities with the kids to keep them entertained during school / kindergarten break and give hubby some time alone to do school work. The energy levels are coming back, and I feel so, so much better. It may have been a very long bout of Hashimoto, or just the effects of sleep deprivation, who knows, but fact is, I'm feeling better. And this is definitely something I am incredibly thankful for.
Ten more thankfuls for this past week:
1. Meeting a wonderful person. She contacted me after I shared the information of Lily's search for sponsors for her charity race on a group on Facebook. After our first meeting Friday a week ago was canceled because she needed to rest after a medical treatment, we finally met this Friday and had a blast. She's such a wonderful, kind person, and I am truly thankful having made another friend!
2. Catching up with chores around the house. Hubby finally put up our bathroom mirror, which was a little but of a tricky situation, and I washed, dried, folded, and put away loads and loads of laundry. Yes, our laundry baskets are nearly empty!!
3. The arrival of summer! On Thursday, hubby brought out the kiddy pool and the kiddos had a blast splashing away.
4. Eating the first strawberries from our garden. Sorry, no pictures, they were gone too quickly :-)
5. A wonderful weekend at my parents' house. We got to celebrate my mom's birthday with a delicious barbecue on my parents' backyard; there were good conversation, much laughter, wonderful company, and the perfect weather.
6. Violet's progress in her fine motor skills. Today, she cut out a t-shirt from a piece of paper and wrote her name on it. She was so proud we put it in her folder to show to her ergotherapist tomorrow.
7. Good coffee! And a wonderful husband who makes coffee for me in the morning.
8. Calvin's mean tooth finally breaking through. The poor little guy was suffering so hard, biting his gums raw. And just yesterday, the little sucker broke through.
9. Little Calvin getting to meet the older Calvin, a friend of ours who's on his annual visit to Germany with his wife. Little Calvin was first a little unsure, but had a blast with Lisa and Cal later.
10. Lily finally mellowing out again.. Or me having the energy to really focus on her again, which makes her feel more appreciated again and therefore winding down again. The last weeks have been quite challenging for all of us, with Lily fighting us any step of the way, not listening, ignoring rules, being confrontational, which was so incredibly frustrating for us. But last week was good, we're spending more quality time together again, and she just relaxes again. We're all so very thankful for this!
What have you been thankful for last week?