It's the end of my first week back to work at 30 hours, and I guess it'll be doable. I'm not a fan of getting up at 5:30am to catch the bus at 6:15am, but still being home around 2pm is awesome!
My Ten Thankfuls for this week:
1. A very positive performance evaluation at work, even though I've only been back since March, and only for 15 hours until this month.
2. Fair fun with my family. The kids talked us into taking them on a ride for older kids/adults. I went with Lily and our niece, Richard with Violet and our nephew, and in the middle of the ride, it started raining, as if I wasn't sick enough yet. The kids had fun, and that was worth it, I guess?!?
3. Only missing my 6:15am bus once this week.
4. VERY regular bus service into town from our place; when I missed the 6:15-bus, the 6:25-bus was almost there already.
5. Hubby still willing to listen to my rants about a certain pair of colleagues in my office.
6. Violet having a great time back in kindergarten. It's amazing how much she has developed even over the summer break.
7. The kids going back to school/kindergarten/nursery school one by one and not all at once. Helps us as parents to adjust to the early morning routine and chaos of making sure everyone's ready and snacks are packed by 7:30. :-)
8. Our neighbors. One of them just sold me a whole box of clothes for Calvin that her son had outgrown, and another one is going to watch Lily while Richard is taking Calvin to introduction at nursery school. So thankful for our "village"!
9. An hour of me-time, aka reading in the bus to and from work.
10. A great outing into town with the kids, including lunch with my friend and her family. It's always fun to meet with all of them!