Somehow it seems as if this year, the seasons are about a month ahead of how it should be. In late March, the girls and I had our first picnic of the year at the playground, wearing short sleeves, which is very, very unusual of Germany. And now, in mid-August, the hight of summer, it basically feels like September. Lily has been asking me when Calvin gets to wear his cute little summer outfits. As it looks now, he won't be wearing them at all :-(
On the upside, we're definitely entering my favorite season! I am looking forward to this season all year long. I can't wait for the foliage to turn into all possible colors, take walks in the forest to collect leaves, acorns, and chestnuts for crafts, fall cuisine, Halloween with trick-or-treating with the girls, the lantern parades, and in a few months one of my favorite holidays, Thanksgiving.
Our plans for the coming months:
- visiting my colleague at her alottment with the girls and help her harvesting her apples and giant zucchini.
- going shopping with Lily for her first-day-of-school outfit.
- spending a day at the wildlife park.
- visit my friend in Munich.
- making it to the corn maze before it gets cut down in mid-September.
- taking the girls horseback-riding.
- buying a kite and take it out with the kids.
Am I excited? Totally :-) What are your plans for fall?