Saturday, August 23, 2014
Week In Review - Ten Things Of Thankful (62)
Blink. Week over. Yes, I totally stole this from Dyanne, but it's the best to describe this week; and it makes me panic just a tad bit because Calvin is now another week older, and before I know it, our baby won't be a baby any more. And then Lily is graduating, and Violet will move out, and ... I know, I'm getting a little bit ahead of myself now, but still...
Back to the 10 things I am incredibly thankful for this week:
1. Lily enjoying her vaulting class. She looked so natural performing her excercises on the horse, and we're happy to have a holiday gift of more classes for her.
2. Violet being happy spending the mornings home with us while Lily was at her riding class. We played games, did jigsaw puzzles, or read stories.
3. Sleeping through the night. Besides waking up once around 6, Calvin and I slept in until 10:30 in the morning. I so needed that!
4. Cooking dinner with the girls. Lily wanted to make a carrot soup from one of her books for a few days now, and tonight we finally got to it, and it was delicious!
5. Growing closer to hubby with each of the kids. Even though with another baby in the house, there's even less time for just the two of us, but we enjoy even the short moments much more than before we had kids. And seeing him with his children just makes my heart want to burst with love for all of them.
6. My mom and aunt coming over to meet baby Calvin. I haven't seen my aunt in quite a while and we all spent a fun afternoon.
7. Not being confined any more. We went and visited my sister on Monday and went into town for a shopping trip later in the week, enjoying what would be probably the last ic cream outside for the season :-(
8. Having a tea party with the girls. Lily and Violet prepared coffee and pancakes and set the table in Violet's room. SO cute!!!
9. Going out. A colleague had invited me to a traditional German pre-wedding party and I attended with Calvin. It was great getting out of the house, connecting with some colleagues, eat yummie food, and show our adorable little boy around :-)
10. A hubby who shares the household chores without complaining. And he even does a really good job :-) Yes, I know I'm lucky! We have a clean house now!!!
I hope everyone has a great weekend!