Last night has not been one of the "good" nights. It was a back and forth between hubby's snoring waking up the baby who, in return, woke up the hubby with his complainy-squeal, and mommy (that's me) did not get any sleep at all. Plus, we're currently taking care of a lot of 5 kids total (no casualties as of now, but hubby and I sure count down the hours until our little guests get to go home), so quiet time is not happening. But still, last week was again full of things to be thankful for!
1. Fall fruit, which translates into yummie streussel cakes!
2. Sleeping in with Calvin. There's nothing better than cuddling up with the little guy after the 6am feeding and sleep another 2 hours or so.
3. Hubby being a gem and taking Violet to kindergarten the last week so that Calvin and I can sleep in.
4. A great afternoon with a friend and her baby, who is only a good month older than Calvin.
5. Cuddling with the girls before getting up in the morning or at bedtime.
6. An awesome and supportive boss. I've been doing the paper work for my extended parental leave last week (I won't be working full time until the little guy is 2) and couldn't remember if we had agreed on an arrangement once I'll work 30-hour weeks again. I called to check what she'd prefer, and she told me just to write down what I prefer and if another arrangement would prove to be a better fit, we'll be flexible and re-arrange my hours.
8. Fall shopping (yes, I've started browsing!)
9. Lily being excited to start first grade. I know, in the years to come there will be plenty of moments when she wishes she wouldn't have to go to school. But right now she can't wait until her first day of elementary school.
10. Getting the furniture delivered on Monday and Tuesday. I've only ordered the furniture for the girls' rooms back in mid-May.. At least, they are going to set everything up for free for us since they went over 6 weeks past the agreed delivery schedule.
What are you especially thankful for this week??