Saturday, August 9, 2014
Week In Review - Ten Things Of Thankful (60)
Obviously, I've missed a whole 10 weeks! Ten weeks without my weekly reflections on the big and small things that have made my life so much better, or made me realize that no matter what, I'm still luckier than most people in this world. Yes, I'm glad to be back!!
Here is the list of Thankfuls for this first full week of August:
1. The weather has neither been crazy hot nor crazy humid, making my life a whole lot easier.
2. Almost daily naps. Yes, I'm really thankful for maternity laws here in Germany, and the fact that hubby is so supportive and the girls very understaning so I can rest whenever I need to.
3. Finding my calm again after being quite antsy about little baby boy's arrival earlier this week. Our OB/GYN estimated him to come about 5 to 10 days early, based on the progress my body has made so far, but even now, EDD -4 days, there are no real tell-tale signs that he's about to show up. There have been some early signs in the past days, but as of now, he's still happily camping out in there. But at least, we're prepared, all bags are packed, my sister and dad are on call, and all the plans we've made for the next days are on a "may be canceled o short notice"-basis.
4. Hubby cat-sitting for friends of ours. The story he comes home with almost every day are priceless! Can't wait to add a little four-legged member to our family later this year!
5. Early mornings with Violet. I truly enjoy just sitting with my little girl, have breakfast, play some games and cuddle before anyone else gets up.
6. Not having had proper internet for a while. I got tons of projects done, caught up on movies, etc.
7. Having proper internet again. I missed everyone out there and wondered a lot how this or that person was doing. I'm glad to be back!
8. The smell of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven. Finally found time to kill all the chocolate bunnies left over and turned them into a new form of deliciousness.
9. Having a good night sleep a couple of times this week. It really makes a difference on my overall well-being :-)
10. A career option coming up for hubby we never even thought about. It's not quite what we wanted as it would be on a free-lance basis / running his own business, so there aren't any benefits, but on the other hand, he'd be very, very flexible with his hours, which will come in handy managing three kids after I go back to work almost full-time come September 2015.
I hope everyone has a great weekend!