I can't believe that it's 2015. Where did 2014 go? The whole year just flew by, with all the excitements and changes it brought in our lives. Even though the changes were clearly positive, I am hoping for a more quiet 2015!
Here are the ten things I'm most thankful for in this past week:
1. Good old family board game afternoons.
2. Naps that just sneaked up on my while cuddling on the couch with Calvin.
3. A fun outing with the kids and my best friend to the planetarium.
4. Having my best friend. We are a lot alike and know each other so well it leads to funny situations like getting each other the same little present for the holidays.
5. Mornings of Lily reading to her little siblings.
6. A wonderful family doctor / PCP. He takes a holistic approach to health, using alternative options before prescribing the chemical club. I went to see him this week for my back pain, and besides the obvious tense muscles, I oviously have a spinal deformity. Instead of simply giving me pain meds, he's referred me to a physical therapist to work on the issues in a long-term scope.
7. Home-made cinnamon rolls. I walked by IKEA the other day and smelled their cinnamon rolls there. I couldn't get the smell out of my head and therefore used the cube of yeast I had in the fridge to make my own. Simply delicious!
8. Having another close friend move closer to us into her own home. Hubby helped moving today, and I'm thankful that the weather held just long enough for him to return safe and sound. Can't wait to visit my friend at her new home!
9. The extra 30 minutes of sleep I requested after a pretty restless night with Calvin and Violet in my bed turning into 1.5 hours. I felt so, so refreshed afterwards!
10. A great New Year's celebration with friends. Tons of delicious food, fun company, and a baby who's looking up to the sky in amazement watching the firework, ignoring the noise as if it wasn't there!
10-1/2. A package from Alaska arriving :-)
What are you thankful for during this first week of 2015???