Friday, January 9, 2015
Week In Review - Ten Things Of Thankful (82)
Unfortunately, I don't remember much about last week. Sleep deprivation sucks big time, and someone should tell the little terrorist in my bed that depriving a person of sleep is actually a form of torture.
Still, the ten things I'm incredibly thankful for this week:
1. Having the little terrorist who keeps me awake!
2. My parents for happily taking in their oldest daughter plus offspring for two nights while hubby was at the orchestra retreat.
3. Hubby for having the opportunity to escape the daily routine for a few days every year to spend with his orchestra buddy and rehearse until his mouth hurts. We miss him, but I'm happy for him taking this time for himself.
4. Living in a country where - while my rights are limited and oppressed by the government to a point - I can live freely as an Atheist. I can speak freely and our kids sleep in peace. The attacks on free speech in Paris made me the more thankful for this right.
5. School and kindergarten being back on and the girls back in their routine.
6. Welcoming the muddiest little princess you can imagine at our doorstep this Thursday, smiling her biggest princess smile. I didn't even have to ask if she had fun :-)
7. Lily doing so well in school, and having fun going.
8. Getting to talk a little bit to the mom of the new girl in Violet's kindergarten class today. She happens to live really close to us, and is new to this town, so I'm probably having her over for a cup of coffee or tea soon!
9. Coffee to get me started in the morning and tea to help me quiet down at night. Both shared with the hubby.
10. Having reclaimed our living room, kicked out the tree, put away the holiday deco for another season. Each year I'm excited to get everything out, but almost equally excited to pack everything away to reclaim our "normal" life.
What are you thankful for this week?