Friday, January 16, 2015
Week In Review - Ten Things Of Thankful (83)
Poor Calvin is teething - big time. On Tuesday, the laddie was not only drooling like a leaking Hoover Dam but also crying in pain. There's nothing worse than my baby being in pain and not being able to help him. Luckily, he's doing better now, sometimes figuring out new ways to keep me up at night.
My (tired) Ten Thankfuls for this week:
1. Coffee!!! (actually, this week this one should count for at least 1 - 7!!)
2. A combination of homeopathic remedies and motrin to help Calvin get comfortable again and get some sleep (along with ready access to a pharmacy and medication in general).
3. Hubby being a gem and taking Violet to kindergarten after an especially rough night, making me fresh coffee and buying breakfast on the way back from kindergarten. Yup, he's mine!!!!
4. Breakfast with a friend.
5. Hubby surprising me with a game of Scrabble and tea one night. When we were newly-weds we'd spend parts of our Sunday afternoon at a café playing Scrabble, but he's been refusing to play with me for quite a while, because my locking up the board with well-placed 3-letter words was just too frustrating after a while. I'm doing better now!
6. Back-rubs from my Lily. She's such a sweet girl!
7. Violet doing well in her speech therapy. Well enough actually that her therapist suggested a break until April to see how she develops on her own. I see another afternoon opening up :-)
8. Meeting up with a friend and her children. Her baby is only 20 days younger than Calvin and it was so funny seeing the boys interact with each other.
9. Home-made brownies. Yum.
10. Long, long, long afternoon naps with a cuddly baby. I know, this one is a regular on here right now, but last week, those afternoon naps were certainly life-savers!
What are you thankful for this week??