I would have loved to give both of these ladies the individual attention she deserves, but if I had done so, I probably would have never made it through, so I'm going to double the love (and the Liebster) and put it all in one big Liebster post :-)
22 Facts About Me:
1. I'm a natural blonde but prefer being a brunette.
2. I dream of publishing a book but aren'T nearly creative enough to write one.
3. I'm a pescetarian.
4. I'm from Germany, the promised land of beer, but the only beer I like is Corona.
5. I almost failed high school because of math but work in the financing sector now.
6. The chance that the hubby and I have blonde, bue-eyed children is 25%; we scored 100%.
8. Both of our girls are named after flowers.
9. I love science.
10. I am a gamer girl in training, only like table-top games though.
11. I love "The Song of Ice and Fire" series, but the idea is scary that I'll probably be almost 40 once the
series is competed.
1. What inspired you to blog?
I just love to write but don't see myself capable of writing something big, so I am blogging.
2. What are a few of your favorite things?
Books, weekend morning cappuccino, cuddling on the couch with the girls watching a cartoon.
3. Mattress.. Hard (firm) or soft?
Medium I guess..
4. What is your favorite type of music?
I love classic, alternative, and rock.
5. Are you tattooed/pierced and proud? If so how many of each?
I have a total of 6 earrings and used to have my belly button pierced. I also have 3 tattoos. I'm definitely more into tattoo than piercing.
6. Who is your biggest influence? Why?
My boss. She juggles professional life and her family just perfectly. She's such an able person and I wish to become like her one day (without having to work all that over-time). 7. What is your biggest fear?
Losing my family.
8. What is your wildest dream?
Abducting the hubby to a vacation to Cuba :-)
9. Who inspires you the most? why?
Our girls. They are still so full of wonder and innocence. They teach me patience and to stop in the tracks to enjoy the moment. I want to become more like them again :-)
10. What famous person would you love to spend the day with?
David Tennant, aka the last Doctor Who. He's an awesome actor!
11. Do you remember your first love?
Yup; his name was Brian. We were way too young and life just led us apart. But we're still talking occasionally, no hard feelings.
- What does your blog name mean?
- That life is exactly that: unexpected. I started writing a few months before our surprise baby was born. This pregnancy made us contemplate our life and decide to move back to Germany. Who would have known?
- What's your favorite day of the week?
- Where do you find inspiration for your blog?
- The girls, my family and friends, things I read or see on TV, life in general.
- What's your biggest accomplishment?
- Giving birth to two healthy girls.
- What song represents you?
- Oh dear, that's difficult. Richard and I decided that, should we ever have a renewal of our vows, we would have "No Children" (The Mountain Goats) as our first song, because it's the stellar opposite of us :-)
- What's your favorite dish?
- Spaghetti and tomatoe sauce.
- What were you in high school - jock, geek, or reject?
- Total reject!
- Bath or Shower?
- How do you relax?
- Watching a movie without doing anything else while doing it.
- Wine or Beer?
- Definitely wine.
- If you had an opportunity to succeed, what would it be?
- I'd love to be a recognized translator (a girl can dream, right?
My 11 Nominees for a Liebster:
Alice at Adventures into Domesticland
Adrienne at Adrienne Rose
Jen at Break The Parenting Mold
Chris at Hye Thyme Cafe
Christine at Musings of a Single Mama
Karen at Tales of a Library Lady
Meredith at The Southern Northener
Erin at The Unexpected Army Life
Chantel at Life Unexpectedly
Erin at Searching For Sanity
Heather at Beyond the Aisle
My 11 Questions to the Nominees:
1. What's your favorite fruit?
2. Do you get your "5 a day" on a regular basis?
3. Sweet or savory?
4. Do you have a lucky number?
5. What do you order at Starbucks?
6. Share your comfort food?
7. Have you filed for your taxes already?
8. What was the last thing you bought (except groceries)?
9. What is your favorite animal and why?
10. What is a color you would never wear?
11. Are you happy with your name?
Thank yo again for Kimbra and Jessica for nominating me!!