Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Once Upon A List...

Back in February, I created a list of goals for this next years, this last year in my twenties. Four months later, a little resume.

Points 1 - 3: A lot of things regarding the house are pretty much up in the air. We know it's going to happen, but right now we don't know if we'll be able to move in before the big 30 or afterward; I will plant the apple tree with Lily, no matter what, but the move and decorating may have to wait.


Point 4: I have been dating the hubby, if couch-dates count. But with the kiddos, this is pretty much all that's reasonable for us.


Point 6: The color is "Hollywood Red", check this off the list!


Point 8: Cooking it up, and enjoying new goodness. Couscous is a new family favorite!


Point 11: That's the one! The Erlangen Night Run. Right now, I try to make up my mind if I'll do the 2 laps (7.8k) or 3 laps (11.7k) run. I'm tending to the three laps. I have found a buddy for the run, my wonderful coworker, and I started running for the first time since getting pregnant back in 2007; that's been six years! Breaking my pinky toe last Monday was a little bit of an obstacle, but nothing that would stop me. Today, I resumed my training, and it's been going a lot better than last time. I plan on running about every other day, toning up and getting the distance up.


Point 13: I've been shopping for the fabric. Haven't really found something yet, but I plan on sewing matching dresses for me and the girls for this year's family pictures.

Point 16: Been there!! Check this off the list.


Can't believe how time  flies! In between day-to-day life, enjoying our time together, and the one or the other scare, I am happy. I'm still somewhere in between looking forward to the new decade and laready griefing for my 20s, but then again, it's just an age. Yesterday, yet another colleague of mine turned 30, leaving me all by myself in my 20s. Mot for too much longer!


12 comments:

  1. Woohoo great stuff lady, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Working on it, Pinky. Hard to let go of the Snoopie undies though ;-)

      Delete
  2. Dating your husband is definitely wonderful!! :) It's a must.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! It's so important to take time for each other to reconnect, without the girls. I wished we could go out more, but make do with what we have ;-)

      Delete
  3. Great job getting so much checked off, Stephanie!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susannah! Reading through the list yesterday I was at some point: oh, I put that on the list?? Probably need to check back more often ;-)

      Delete
  4. There is nothing wrong with snoopy underwear, don't discount them just yet. I wish I'd thought of doing something similar when I turned 29 in May, I guess there is still time though. Glad to see you getting things accomplished, it must make you feel so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been telling myself the same thing.. And procrastinate on buying proper undies. Bought Miss Violet a bunch of snoopie undies ;-) Definitely go ahead and make a list, and it somehow makes this last year of my twenties a little more memorable ;-)

      Delete
  5. I feel like I shouldn't comment about the snoopy underwear... Hmm... yeah... Nothing "bad" as in negative... yeah...

    Moving on...

    Looks like you are knocking some stuff off that list. A 10k?! That is pretty ambitious! I would likely die about 1/5 through one of those.

    Hopefully you get everything figured out with the house, but if it happens outside the big 30 that's no big deal. It's one of those things out of your control, ya know?

    Good luck with your training :-) Glad the toe is healing up!

    Jak at The Cryton Chronicles & Dreams in the Shade of Ink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just want to have this friggin house built, don't really care any more if we get to move in before I turn 30. It would be nice if we could celebrate Lily's 6th birthday with a jammie-party in the house, but almost don't believe that will happen.. We'll see.

      Once you get in the habit of running, you'll improve quickly. Went running with my neighbor yesterday and got to about 7k. Resting today and tomorrow though.

      Delete
  6. How do you find time to do all these things??? You are just tearing it up out there! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly have no idea ;-) Just taking it one at a time I guess..

      Delete