Sunday, June 16, 2013

Sunday Social - Pet Peeves Et Al.

Sunday Social


It's Sunday, once again. We enjoyed the day with a family breakfast for Father's Day, part II (the German Father's Day is earlier in spring), I went and picked up a pair of inline skates for Lily, which she tried out immediately. We enjoyed ice cream and an iced coffee with vanilla ice cream for me and dinner on the porch in the evening. Finally, summer is getting established in Germany!

To wrap the weekend up, I'm once again linking up with Ashley for Sunday Social:

1. What is your biggest driving pet peeve?
I probably have to say impatient drivers. I admit, we're not the fastest ones on the highway (no speed restrictions on German highways!), but we're definitely faster than the big trucks. I really hate it if we're in the fast lane to get ahead of a few trucks and some BMW is racing up, flashing lights at us, and almost hits our bumpers. I'm sorry, important BMW-owner, the road is for everyone!

2. What is your biggest blogging pet peeve?
Bad spelling and grammar. I cannot stand it. If a blogger has terrible spelling, I may not be able to read them, because it really annoys me. If I, as a foreigner, can spell *mostly* correctly, I expect the same from native speakers.

3. What is your biggest general pet peeve?
Intolerance and a lack of respect for others. I may not agree with others all the time, if that happens, I have two options: either stay mum or discuss the issue in a respectful way. I cannot stand people becoming personal and hurtful. This also applies to the blogging world!

4. What is your most irrational fear?
My fear of heights most likely. Seriously, if I'm on a tower with a 4.5 ft. high wall and a 7 - 8 ft. fence on top of it, there's no way the girls will miraculously fly over it and fall down. Still can't take it!

5. Name 3 celebrities you'd want to have dinner with?
I REALLY want to say Neil Gaiman, David Tennant, and Matt Smith, but I don't want to bore you all to death, since I have mentioned those guys time and again, so I'll come up with something new:

Hilary Mantel, awesome writer!

King Joffrey Jack Gleeson, nice guy in real life

Paul McCartney, no explanation needed

Wishing everyone a good start in another week!

6 comments:

  1. Uh oh, I have horrible grammar. I try really hard to write correctly, but yeah, wasn't the best in English class. Don't judge?!?! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Pinky, your grammar is so much better than you think! At least I don't think that your grammar is bad, and I'm known as a grammar nazi... I love your blog ;-)

      Delete
  2. Uh oh! LOL Like P!nky, I fear my Jak Speak sets me up for some issues on #2 with grammar and spelling. I usually go through and edit anything I find that I missed during the first read through, but grammar is another beast all together.

    Jack Gleeson looks like he is part of the Twilight universe in that pic...

    Jak at The Cryton Chronicles & Dreams in the Shade of Ink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Again, Jak, your grammar and spelling is fine! I guess most people who should feel addressed actually don't. I edit a lot, too, but sometimes a spelling error slips through, or punctuation is not merriam-webster-perfect, but that's fine. But there are blogs out there that are simply too painful for me to read. That's why I don't follow them ;-)

      Delete
  3. Your driving pet peeve sounds like mine! Where do people have to be in such a hurry? If you're in an ambulance, that's one thing, but cutting me off to gain two feet of road? Seriously?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! And don't ask me why, but about 85% of these all-too-important road hogs are BMW-drivers...

      Delete