It's just a few hours until I cross the threshold into a new decade of my life. Doesn't that sound dramatic? Right now, I'm carefully anticipating it, somehow knowing that not much is going to change anyways. To finish something off my list, let's finish the last of the 50 Questions to Free Your Mind. Again, thank you very much for letting me steal this, Jenni!!
41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?
No-one. I'd spend it at home with my family, most likely in bed, getting as much cuddling time in as possible.
42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?
No, that sounds very shallow to me, sorry. I would reduce it for good health, for example...
43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
Being alive means your heart beats, your breathe, you go through your
day (maybe). Truly living is having dreams and goals, to have people you
love and who love you, to feel, to laugh, to cry.
44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right?
When over-thinking leads to a total block of productivity. Then it's
definitely time to let go and things go it's course where your feeling
take you. Definitely learned that lesson in the process of getting this
45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
Because no-one likes to make mistakes. Because it's disheartening, maybe even embarrassing. Because it's scary.
46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
Probably pick up more, be more at the kids to keep their rooms picked
up. It's sometimes chaotic in our house, and you may step on the one or
the other toy on the floor, but honestly, most days I'd rather play a
game with the girls than whipping them to do chores.
47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?
Probably on Saturday during the run.
48. What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love?
I love to knit, and to make the girls smile. I found some left-over wool
today and made a quick headband for Violet's doll. Her smile was
priceless, when she put it on her doll. Tomorrow it's going to be a
scarf for Lily's bunny!
49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that?
To be honest, probably not. The last days were very laid-back, nothing
big happened. I may remember the first day Lily and I went for a run
(that was the day before yesterday).
50. Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you
making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?
In the current situation, it's actually both. Tomorrow, we'll have a
general meeting with a number of people to discuss how to get water to
our house asap. I hope for a good outcome despite some people being
really stuck on their position. So they are hopefully giving us some
more feasable options from which we make the final decision on how to
proceed. Keep your fingers crossed, everyone!
be out tomorrow, hopefully enjoying a good dinner with hubby and the
girls. I know what I want for dinner already :-) Oh, and please visit
Jenni's blog Flying on a Rainbow to check out her answers to the above questions.