Saturday, February 1, 2014
Week In Review - Ten Things Of Thankful (33)
Baking extravaganza for Lily's birthday is over, and I can tell you it's really difficult to start munching on the cakes and cookies filling this room with their delicious scent. So on to concentrating on the many things to be thankful for this week.
1. Even though it is quite overwhelming at the moment, I'm thankful to have a job that fulfills and challenges me every single day, with great colleagues and a supportive boss.
2. Getting too celebrate Lily's 6th birthday tomorrow. It feels like yesterday that we held our skinny, screaming bundle of Lily in our arms for the first time, having no idea how much joy and amazement she would bring in our lives. Happy Birthday, my little girl!
3. The smell of baked goods all over the house.
4. Sleeping in late, cuddling with hubby.
5. Violet for being a brave little girl when getting a surprise vaccination. Hubby took Lily to the doctor on Friday to have her cough checked out when the pediatrician noticed that Violet was still missing a follow-up vaccination. Richard said she didn't even flinch, what a big girl!
6. Dark chocolate pudding with whipped cream.
7. Nurses who are good at drawing my blood.
8. The potential this world has. Even though so many people are still barred in their own minds and worlds, it's been proven all over the world that it is possible to change that. People who would have never met stand side by side on the Majdan, protesting for their freedom. The Alhambra in Spain, for centuries a place where people of many different religions lived together in peace. If it's possible on the small scale, why not on the big scale? Why not respecting people for who they are? Why look at class differences, different skin colors, different religions, different nationalities instead of each other's hearts? I know it is possible.
9. Snow in Germany! Yes, it has actually happened. By the time the girls got outside, there was more water than snow left, but when they came back in after an hour or so, they were so, so happy (and dripping wet).
10. Getting to watch the girl sitting side by side, playing with Violet's princess castle. So adorable!