Saturday, February 15, 2014
Week In Review - Ten Things Of Thankful (35)
I can't believe how fast last week passed. A lot happened, and I had to charge my phone twice, which rarely ever happens. But in between calling doctor's offices, town halls, developers, and water development offices, my phone needed some refreshment. Now, I need some refreshment as well, and since I still have too many vacation days left over from last year and a boss who's awesome, I'm off all next week and then some.
The ten things this week I am most thankful for:
1. Getting to see little baby again, and watching Lily and Violet seeing their new sibling. The two were so excited to get a picture at the end.
2. The great outpour of well-wishes when we announced the news on Facebook. I don't know why, but one of my favorite one was the Muslim blessing from a co-worker I met a few weeks ago during training week. And that from an Atheist. Yes, hormones are in full swing!
3. Not one but two movie dates with hubby on the couch. Star Wars sucked, but you never can go wrong with Life of Brian!!
4. Having a person on our side who knows the system and goes far beyond what he needed to do to help us finally getting water and gas into our house.
5. Getting good news from our doctor. The first trimester screening came back just fine.
6. Getting my vacation approved. I'm off until the 26th!
7. Having a dad who works for the health insurance and I know will find one way or the other to get the cost of the screening reimbursed to us.
8. Surviving the kiddy carnival party today!
9. Having the perfect Valentine's Day. Violet gave me a cute little flower she crafted in kindergarten, Lily made me a card, Richard gave me a rose someone gave to him at the store as part of their campaign (we have a don't spend money rule for V-Day), and I got Asian take-out for everyone, violating the V-Day rule but putting it on my "spend all of the first translation paycheck" list.
10. Receiving my first payment for the translations back in December! I still have €200 to spend, and parts of it will be shoes :-)
Thank you so much for this link up, Lizzi!