This last week was hard; I don't know how I would have made it through without having an afternoon of sleeping on Wednesday. And while today was crazy busy again, I'm looking forward to a whole lot of nothing on the couch (the Winter Olympics have started after all). But despite the stress, there were plenty of things to be thankful fordurng those past days.
1. Having survived a birthday party with a good handful of over-excited 5 to 6-year olds. It was loud, it was crazy, and wild, but everyone had a blast. And that's what counts.
2. Lily passing her school entrance examination. She did awesome, exclaiming at the end that is was so baby-easy. Little snotter :-)
3. Hubby being so patient with me, being a hormonal, always at the edge of a tantrum mess.
4. Vegetable soup.
5. Having been able to follow through with my resolution for 2014 and shaved my legs every single day this year so far.
6. The potential for an unexpected time off in a week. Need to get rid of those 15 days of 2013 vacation somehow.
7. Hubby came home from airing out the house and announced that it finally, FINALLY seems as if we had power at our house!! All the cord are hooked up and he heard a humming from the power box. So I'll notify out building site manager and see where we'll go from there.
8. The idea of taking a short trip to the U.S. in spring, before the heat is getting really bad and Lily inevitably starting school in September. I may become spontaneous after all one day!
9. Lily announcing that she had gotten a main role at her class's musical, which will be performed on Violet's birthday. Lily told me that she wants the musical to be her birthday present for her little sister. Got to love this girl!!
10. A fun night of D&D yesterday. It's been way too long since we've played!
I hope you all had a great week and an even better weekend!