Saturday, February 22, 2014
Week In Review - Ten Things Of Thankful (36)
Today was a great day. Unfortunately, half the weekend is over already. The kids, totally exhausted from our trip to the grandparents on Friday let us "sleep in" until 7:30 and were just so extremely sweet all day long, it was great. The weather was perfect, and I really start to wonder if we're hit with our very own Polar Vortex in the end of March. Besides all of last week, being off and getting tons of stuff done so far, I am especially thankful for:
1. Getting to watch Violet's hand while cuddling and watching TV this week. It sounds weird, but was the sweetest thing to watch how her fingers and hand moved as she went through moments of excitement and relaxation.
2. Going running with Lily today. On Wednesday, I finally made good on my promise to buy her running shoes and we got a perfect steal on a pair of Asics. She was so proud, and today she finally got to put them on and go for a run. She ran about a mile right there (1.5 km), and totally amazed me as she was almost constantly talking all the way. Even on the way back, the remaining 1.1km, she ran most of the way after a short break.
3. Getting to go on a run by myself afterward as well. I didn't do as well as I hoped, but it felt great to run again. I noticed that my thighs are almost touching again, so it's definitely time to work out again!!
4. Steam Sale, which makes for a very happy hubby.
5. A happy hubby, who's trying even harder than usual to make me happy. He found this awesome recipe blog and made the recipe that I raved about for dinner even though he had planned for burritos. He's the best!! Let me tell you, the Italian Wonderpot is out of this world!! I bet Christine will love this page, as the recipes are oftentimes for 6 - 10 servings (to freeze some or feed a large family!).
6. Our building site manager. He doesn't have an easy life with us, but is always supportive and understanding for the situation. Still we're going to have a crisis meeting on Tuesday...
7. Naps, glorious, glorious naps.
8. A great visit at my parents house. My aunt stopped by as well and I learned that there's going to be a real baby boom in our family. Not only my cousin will be a dad again in just a few weeks, but two of my cousins will have their babies in summer as well. Potentially, there will be three babies in the course of a month!!
9. Lily's teacher speaking so well about her. She said that she has rarely had such a friendly and helpful girls in her class and she's impressed with Lily's language skills. Remember, that's the teacher who has suggested special ed schooling for Lily for behavioral issues and learning deficiancies just 18 months ago!!
10. Watching funny YouTube videos with the hubby. Don't ask me why nut-shots are still so funny!!
I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the weekend and great start into the new week!