Saturday, September 6, 2014
Week In Review - Ten Things Of Thankful (64)
Our weekend is half over already, with not much on our schedule for next week. I'll need to run some errands in town one day and meet my mom to pick out sports shoes for Lily another. One more week with our Lily at home before elementary school will start. Can't believe that so soon, she'll be a 1st-grader! I can still remember her being the little baby just born. And a blink of an eye later, she is the big sister to two little siblings and will start first grade.
Here are the ten things I'm incredibly thankful for this week:
1. Our baby smiling. He's been trying to a couple of times, but today he gave me the brightest smile you could imagine. His whole face was lighting up with this smile. So beautiful!!
2. Finding a new and absolutely delicious chocolate cake recipe. Thank you, Pinterest!
3. Getting wonderful back-rubs from hubby as the muscles in my back knot up from nursing and carrying a baby around for most of the day. I see a visit to my chiropractor in the near future.
4. Family. I am so thankful that we are all getting along again and enjoy each other's company.
5. Meeting a colleage from out-of-country for a drink this week. It was so great to meet him again. And he was excited to meet little Calvin, who had a great time on his arm :-)
6. Support from the hubby, who gets up, helps the girls to get ready for the day and takes Violet to kindergarten when I'm in no shape to leave the bed because Calvin has kept me up most of the night. Hope poor baby will get rid of the tummy aches pretty soon!
7. Kids who eat most veggies, and sometimes even request oddities like spinach, caulifower, or brussle sprouts.
8. Enjoying walks to and from kindergarten with the girls. The time with just one of them is really precious to me.
9. Finally, FINALLY having the girls' furniture delivered. Even though it's not perfect and complete yet, they do have proper furniture in their rooms now!
10. Being surrounded by so much love and support. The girls who are more than happy to help out taking care of their little brother and hubby who's doing his best to take as much load as possible off my shoulders. He sure is such a passionate dad and husband; I couldn't imagine a better family!
I hope you all have a great weekend!