Sunday, September 28, 2014
Week In Review - Ten Things of Thankful (67)
What else happened this week (aka: the 10 things I'm especially thankful for):
1. Fall officially started, so Calvin took me out on a mommy-son-date to Starbucks to have a Pumpkin Spice Latte, yum!!
2. Lily enjoying school so much. Tonight, she read her first full sentence. I can't wait for her to read her first book :-)
3. My hubby for being the partner by my side, my foundation to ground me, my rock to steady me. It's been stressful those last weeks, but it has been good tackling everything hand in hand with him.
4. The smell of freshly-baked pumpkin bread and apple pie in our home, and sharing this goodness with wonderful friends.
5. Getting to celebrate my dad's birthday with the entire family. I have to admit, I never even realized how much I did miss my sister until we were re-united again earlier this year. I'm so looking forward to meeting her every time!
6. Learning that this pushy guy who kind of pleaded himself into the position of parents' speaker in Lily's class is also an atheist like we are, fighting to improve the situation for our atheist children (ethics class in the morning instead of the afternoon, no forced school prayer for them, etc.)
7. Everyone is recovering well from their cold, and Calvin was spared completely so far. Loving the boost for his immune system from nursing :-)
8. The time with my grandparents. I was talking to my mom about how, when I was a child, the best chocolate in the world was the small piece our grandpa snuck us after dinner.. Wonderful memories!
9. Violet being such a big help taking care of her little brother. For all the times she doesn't accept personal space and - driven by her curiosity - stands more in the way than anything else, I'm thankful for her compassion and love for her little brother that at any time I need someone to have an eye on the little guy or to entertain him while I cook, she's here to sing for him, play with him, rub his tummie, etc.
10. Wonderful neighbors to move in towards the end of the year. I can't wait :-)
Have a great new week, everyone!