Friday, September 12, 2014

What I'm Up To In September

Last time I was updating I had just returned from a long, involuntary hiatus and incredibly uncomfortable from a pregnancy-induced liver cholestasis. I was also only 4 days away from meeting out little boy, but I didn't know that back then. Now, our little guy is already a month old (can't believe that!!), currently sleeping on the couch next to me, being simply incredibly adorable  :-)  What else is going on here right now??

I'm currently...

... reading:  My weekly cultural/political magazine, and about to tackle Christopher Moore's "Sacré Bleu", which I simply couldn't get into before.

... trying: To be better about going to bed early; and since this effort is mostly futile, I try to get naps whenever I need them.

...  anticipating: Lily's first day of elementary school next week.

... buying: Clothes for Calvin, last items off Lily's school supply list, a lamp and curtains for Violet's room.

... lusting for: everything fall.

... enjoying: this incredibly sweet baby smell.

... cursing: All the paper work we had to file after Calvin was born; but we're about done for now, I hope  :-)

... listening to: John Lennon, Simon & Garfunkel.

... watching: Doctor Who.

... devouring: pumpkin bread.

... waking up: Whenever Calvin does.

... feeling: very, very lucky to have such a wonderful family and to be able to spend tons of time with all of them now.




Have a great weekend, everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect September and definitely can't wait to hear about Lily's first day now next week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been really good so far :-) And with Lily talking about nothing but her first day of school, I can't wait for it to finally be Tuesday :-)

      Delete
  2. I'm not so good at the going to bed early thing either and have also been trying to sneak in naps wherever I can! Pumpkin bread sounds delicious, but i'll have to wait a while before they're in season over here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pumpkins are just coming into season, and I can't wait for tons of pumpkin goodness :-)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a very peaceful September! I'm making my first stew of fall today - a sure sign that it's actually here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stew sounds awesome! Might have to break out the crock pot for some veggie stew next week :-) It's definitely been a good month so far!

      Delete
  4. I think I'm addicted to baby smell. I'll nurse Marty at night and end up just rocking him well past when he's fallen asleep just sniffing his head. It's a problem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually am way too zoned to really enjoy the smell at night-time nursing sessions, but I am known to spend an hour (or three) during the day just holding him and sniffling his head :-)

      Delete