Sunday, July 5, 2015
Week In Review - Ten Things Of Thankful (107)
I hate the heat. I'm one of those people, even if it never got above about 85°, I'd never miss anything. Right now, I'm melting. It's been in the high 90s up to the low triple-digits for over a week now, and I'm so absolutely done. I want to sleep again, I want to cuddle the kids and the hubby again, and especially, I want to feel "not yuckie" again.
Before I take the exit to "self pity", here is why I am also thankful for the heat wave:
1. All the hot water we currently get is 100% heated by the solar panels on our roof, so real savings right there!
2. My friend Mamta being absolutely happy. She was born and raised in India and after about 20 years in Germany, she's still not acclimatized to our climate. So she's mierable in various degrees for about 50 weeks out of the year, and the two weeks everyone else is miserable, Mamta is revelling in the heat.
3. Getting to dry my laundry on the back porch. More saving money and power plus the laundry just smells like sun. Love it!
More of this week's thankfuls (some of them even non-heat-related)
4. A fun neighborhood barbecue with the neighbors. Delicious food, great company, good drinks, sparklers for the girls to celebrate 4th of July, what more could a perfect barbecue need?
5. Richard's summer concert being very beautiful again. There were a lot less visitors than last year, due to the heat, but they did put of shades for the orchestra, so they didn't need the ambulance this year either. The program was shortened, but everyone enjoyed themselves and the concert was over about the same time the temperature reached its peak.
6. The kiddy-pool on our porch; so refreshing just to put my feet in and not move for a while.
7. Costa Rica Banana and Cookie ice cream. Delicious!
8. Surviving my colleagues going-away party without too many tears, and hopes that the girl who covered for me during my maternity leave and continues to do so while I still work reduced hours is going to become a permanent colleague.
9. A few good nights of sleep after a few days of hard teething, poor Calvin!
10. Hubby for being a responsible adult, a partner,