Saturday, April 5, 2014
Week In Review - Ten Things Of Thankful (42)
This week had its moments when I just wanted to hide under my blanket. When stress and the pressure working for 2+ people over the last months or so and ever-new unexpected dealings with the house took its toll and caused quite a health scare. But besides all these issues, I am thankful that there were still so many things to be thankful for this past week.
1. A March picnic. I don't remember ever having had a picnic in March before, but with temperatures in the high 70s and bright-blue skies, I simply couldn't pass up the chance to pack our lunch and blanket and head to the playground a little early before meeting with my co-workers and their children for a fun afternoon outside.
2. Getting to celebrate Missy Violet's 4th birthday today with people close to us celebrating with us. I can't believe that my little "baby" is four now. I don't know, but it is somehow still so hard not looking at her as a baby. In the past year, she's started kindergarten, met new friends, grown in independence and self-confidence while still maintaining her sweet nature (now salted with a good pinch of attitude every once in a while). And she's going to be a big sister, soon!!! So definitely, she's not a baby any more..
3. Sunny-side up cake. SO yummie!!
4. Having our building site manager make a chance trip to our house. Obviously, there's been a really bad misunderstanding between hubby and me about airing out the house and it's been closed up for the past 2 weeks. Any longer, and we'd have had a major mold issue to deal with. Hubby's still in for some clean-up, but the catastrophy was averted. Still hoping to get the gas hooked up by next week!! We now need to heat this house up asap!
5. Beautiful weather for most of the week. On Thursday afternoon, I got ice cream and went for a walk downtown with a co-worker, and it was so much fun!
6. Having a very good work-day Friday. After feeling really, really run down for days I was so productive and got tons of work done that neither I nor my poor, sick colleague will have to deal with next week.
7. Getting to watch Lily's musical today. She did such an awesome job, with all her text. And the entire class staged a simply amazing show. Even my friend, who's a 3rd/4th grade teacher was amazed by their performance.
8. A three-day-weekend to look forward to!
9. My co-workers at the IT support office who let me mooch coffee off them because the coffee at our kitchen is undrinkable.
10. The plant we got more than 3 years ago when we moved into our place. Despite grave neglect and long stretches of starvation, it still hasn't died on me yet. I promise you, plant, to find a nice, bigger pot for you to grow in and a warm and sunny place at the new house!
10 + 1: Not getting any negative responses to yesterday's post for Janine's Finish The Sentence Friday. It was quite a rant, and I received so many good responses, even from people I haven't seen on my blog before. I don't really know what I expected, but definitely not all these encouragements and stories shared. We're definitely not alone, and there are so many people out there with the same or similar issues on their mind. I'm so thankful having had the opportunity to meet new people that way!
What are you especially thankful for this week? Please share in your comments. Have a great weekend, everyone!
PS: If you have a minute and feel like polling around a little, stop by A Third Baby Carriage and take the gender poll. Open until Monday evening (CET)