Saturday, April 19, 2014
Week In Review - Ten Things Of Thankful (44)
Today was a busy day, the last day to get things done before our vacation. I'Ve picked up the girls' rooms while hubby was out on kitty-sitting duty, we've had another meeting with a contractor for finishing up the interior of the house, and in the afternoon the girls and I went downtown for some last-minute gift shopping. Upon returning home I found poor hubby spiking a fever just in time for the pre-trip stress to really pick up, so I threw together some dinner and an Easter bread before bathing the girls and finishing up the Easter baskets for everyone. And now, with my translation for the night done, I am done as well.
But even though my brain is more than fried, I should still come up with at least 10 things to be thankful for, since it was a really eventful week.
1. Being on leave until May now. I so need the break!
2. A good book to read while sitting on the bus for an extra hour in downtown Erlangen, waiting for the street to clear after the fender bender right in front of us. George R.R. Martin can also write really good science fiction!
3. Contending for Mother of the Year when I Richard pointed out to me that the girls were just watching their first Quentin Tarantino movie. And losing all chances to that title again since the Quentin Tarantino movie they are watching is The Muppets and the Wizard of Oz.
4. Having my husband. I can never be thankful enough for him. Even though he feels like crap and is spiking a fever he picks up the second part of bathing duty with the girls because Baby Boy demanded me to sit down and rest for a bit. He's simply the best.
6. Violet being her absolutely even sweeter than usual self and giving Daddy extra-hugs because he feels bad.
7. Finding a really knowledgeable painter to finish the interior of our house by mid-May. Got everything arranged within a matter of days. It was stressful and anxiety-inducing, but we are both very comfortable with our decision now.
8. Having a building site manager who doesn't mind getting panicked phone calls on a Saturday morning from me. And not only does he not mind, he also calls me back and puts my mind on ease.
9. Spending a fun day downtown with the girls. We shared ice cream and the girls got to run around a play during perfect spring weather with surprisingly tons of sunshine after yesterday's all-day rain showers.
10. Being able to look forward to a mostly stress-free day tomorrow. And how much I'm looking forward to it!
Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend and a happy springtime celebration!