Circumstances - defined as Violet's birthday party and having friends over at our house right afterward - have turned Saturday night into Sunday. Luckily for me, this is a 2-day link-up, so I still managed to be in time :-) This week has been so busy, and to be honest, I long for my bed so badly tonight, I don't have words for it! And not only has it been busy, it's been packed with things to be thankful for!
1. Celebrating 8 years of marriage with the best man I could imagine on Monday. My partner, my love, my rock, my life.
2. Getting the confirmation, followed by many congratulations and well-wishes:
Yes, it's Team Blue for us this time. It was unexpected (and hubby admitted that he wouldn't have minded at all having a little Cassandra), but we're all exciting. Tons of shopping ahead of us :-)
3. Chai Latte in the morning.
4. A very, very good and re-assuring maternity leave counselling with my boss. Even though I may not have the exact same duties any more when I come back full-time in fall 2015, she told me that I will always have a job in her team, as she couldn't possibly lose someone like me. I will miss my work, but definitely look forward to a longer break to be able to focus more on the family.
5. Being able to leave work on time once this week!
6. A really, really good D20 Modern session on Friday. One of the players cancelled last minute, but since in the beginning of the session one of the characters had an unfortunate meeting with a Displacer Beast, we could still continue the game without having to create a new character first.
7. Having perfect weather for Missy Violet's birthday party, so we decided to move the party to the playground nearby. At the end of the day all kids were happy, tired, and dirty. I call that a success :-)
|Courtesy by my friend|
8. A great evening with wonderful friends. Even though I was looking forward to a quiet night of watching Downton Abbey, I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with them!
9. Getting a very positive call from our building site manager. Hand-over of the house (with the doors still to be installed after we paint) will be next Thursday!!! Can't believe it and honestly was in a mild shock :-)
10. Only four more days of work until my 3-week leave! So looking forward to having some time off!!
Wishing all of you a wonderful new week!!