Thursday, May 29, 2014

Impending Hiatus

Two more nights in our old home. It's a mess, and pure chaos. Our nutrition is seriously lacking these days (as in cake for dinner tonight - at least it was home-made cake, and Father's Day in Germany), I don't know where anything is, The kitchen needs to be all packed up by tomorrow afternoon, and I haven't even started, and I feel so behind on schedule.

Once we've moved to the new house, I'll be on a forced hiatus for a couple of weeks, maybe longer. According to the last notice we received from our provider, our phone and internet will be hooked up on June 18, if that doesn't change again, like in April and May. So I will have some time to actually finish some projects around the house, maybe start on a knit blanket for the little lad, support my friend on some translation work, and get ready for my maternity leave starting July 2.

I will try to check in as often as I can, but simply can't promise anything at that point!  I hope you all will stick with me after all!

12 comments:

  1. Aww, take all the time you need and hope to see you back real soon. Wishing you a smooth transition and move now. Hugs!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Janine! It actually took our phone/internet provider until today to hook us up again! We used an internet stick for the last 6 weeks but only for the most necessary things so I would always have enough MBs left for my work before the data cap hits. 7.5 MBs aren't the world. Galad to be back though!

      Delete
  2. So excited for you! I hope this is a smooth transition for your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Jen! Got our normal internet and phone back today, felt pretty much confined behind the moon for the last two months ;-) Glad to be back and be able to follow up with everyone!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch, Kate! Moving day was chaos, but luckily, most things came together well afterward. Glad to be back after over 2 months without a landline and proper internet!

      Delete
  4. Good luck with the move! See you when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lisa! Just got hooked up again today, can't believe our provider was such a slacker in that regard. We've only had great experiences with them in the past, and now that. But we're glad to be back in the civilized world and to be able to follow up with everyone!

      Delete
  5. I just returned from a long hiatus, too! Hope your move went smoothly! Looking forward to hearing from you again in the near future! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Joy! I was definitely missing you! Can't wait to follow up!

      Delete
  6. Hope all is well! It's the 18th, so maybe, just maybe, you'll be getting the Internet hooked up. Can't wait to see some pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just got hooked up today, Melissa! Can you believe that??? Total slackers! I'm going to send our phone/internet provider a bill for expenses and damages caused higher than the cost of them hooking us up and moving our service over to the new house for that. But I'm glad to be back and follow up with everyone ;-)

      Delete