Monday, May 12, 2014

Review: Shock Absorber Sports Bra

Remember last November? Back then I was contacted by Shock Absorber, one of UK's leading brands of sports bras to review one of their bras. I was just recovering from a severe bronchitis and started slowly to get back into training for my first half-marathon in June 2014 when the plans changed a bit when we found out that we were expecting our third baby.

While the half-marathon is postponed by a year or two, excercizing is definitely still on, especially since I never want to be as out of shape again as last year when I started training for the 10k. And I've stayed on track so far, despite a growing belly, leg cramps, and adverse weather.

Around Christmas, I finally received my Active Multi Sports Support bra, and I was so excited to try it out.
Active Multi Sports Support
After trying the bra for a few months now (and after a few washings), running with my Shock Absorber makes such a difference. The bra fits snug without constricting me and is truly cut to size and keeps its shape and functionality even after tossing it in the wash; yes, I was unsure getting a bra without trying it before, but the Shock Absorber fit just perfectly. The high-performance fabrics keep me dry and prevent chafing. And the best: while I've outgrown most of my normal bras in the meantime, the Shock Absorber still fits and supports my growing breasts.

To be honest, in the beginning I was sceptical whether a sports bra would make much of a difference for me, as I am not too well-endowed. But after my very first run wearing my new Shock Absorber, I would never want to run in a regular bra any more. No bouncing, perfect support, and this dry feelings my regular cotton bras could not provide.
Wearing my Shock Absorber

If I had to say one negative thing about this truly wonderful bra, it would be that you'd need to be quite flexible in order to fasten the bra, or maybe I just don't know the easy technique. But despite this, I'm simply in love with this fabulous bra  :-)

For your very own Shock Absorber sports bra, visit one (or all) of these online retailers.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like an awesome sports bra and am in need of one myself. so, will have to try to look into this. Thanks for sharing, Stephanie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'is a great bra, Janine! So happy having been selected to put it to the test :-) You should totally get one for yourself! If you do, let me know how you like it!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks a lot :-) Not only does the bra look really nice and sporty, it really provides great support!

      Delete