Friday, May 23, 2014

Not Coming To Terms

I was writing with a colleague of mine via the work communicator the other day. We've been to college together, so we don't merely have a professional relationship. Somewhere in between "How are you doing?" and "How's coming the house along?", she asked me "Have you come to terms with having a boy yet?"

To be very honest, I have not come to terms with having a boy. Because there was never anything I had to come to terms with.

Yes, if I could have picked, I would have chosen a girl. For once, I simply love having girls and wouldn't have minded a third one (the hubby either, if anyone wondered); we already had most of the stuff a new baby girl would have needed without having to go buy much new stuff at that point and somehow, it's very much easier for us to name girls than boys. And we were both seriously annoyed with so many people assuming that we had a third child because we were desperately hoping for a boy after two "failures" (yes, that's what people have called the girls!!).

But despite this, we were just incredibly happy to be pregnant again; to have an easy pregnancy, and as far as it looks to have a healthy baby. We never struggled with having a boy (even though the naming wasn't easy) but are simply excited to be blessed with such a wonderful family. How could I feel any less?

12 comments:

  1. I have no idea what I would do with a boy. I'm one of three girls….GOOD LUCK! You've got it! And just think, you will help to bring a gentleman into this world, because with two older sisters, he'll KNOW what woman are all about!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, Pinky, when I had Lily, I didn't really know what to do with a girl. But I grew with her; I'm still thankful that she never was too much of a princess :-) And if I've learned anything in the last 6 years, it is that it all depends on the kid's personality, gender is secondary :-)

      Delete
  2. Don't people say the most horrible things? That drives me crazy.
    The Hub and I were convinced our Kidzilla was a boy...right up until the moment she emerged a very pink and very girly little girl! We were sure we wanted a boy and wouldn't know what to do with a girl. As it turns out, this is the best possible way it could have been and we can't imagine it any other way. Things happen because they are supposed to, I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, Lisa! Everyone told me I'd have a boy (we never "officially" found out), and suddenly we had a girl. But she's turned out so amazing! She has even changed me as a woman :-) I wouldn't exchange either of our girls for anything, and that's also true for our little boy!

      Delete
  3. I have 3 sons and 1 daughter, 2 grandsons and 1 grand-daughter, and I love them all to the moon and back. I can't even imagine someone referring to my daughter or grand-daughter as failures, in fact whoever said that about my girls would be suffering the failure themselves of not being able to eat because I would've knocked their teeth outta' their heads! People are idiots. All of your children are blessings and I'm happy that you have those blessings x3. :) Don't listen to those people. They're the failures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Mimi! I see it the same way. People are just so hateful, and if anything I feel sorry for them. Our girls are the best. I believe the "failure" was more directed towards me for not giving my husband a son; I so wished they'd know how much he loves his daughters and adores the heck out of them :-) In the end, we're a happy family, and other people's opinions don't matter! Congrats on such a wonderful family, Mimi!

      Delete
  4. I just don't understand why people say these things!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know either, Jen! But I honestly don't care. I don't want to understand what drives people to say such hateful and disgusting things.

      Delete
  5. I really don't understand why people say things like this. A baby is a blessing, no matter what gender it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. Some people just take kids for granted to the point that they start to complain about things like gender, and push their mindset on other people. I love the girls, and I love our son. And we're very thankful to have them as they are. Period.

      Delete
  6. I totally missed that you are pregnant again! Boy, I was away way too long! So happy for you!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Joy! Waiting for the little guy to arrive any day now :-) Can't believe how these past months have just flown by..

      Delete