I'm so tired. Today I spent way too much time running around, and I know that the next two weeks won't be much better. There's going to be much cleaning, packing, organizing, unpacking, furnish, etc. But then it will be over, a journey of 20 months complete. But until we are at that point, there are many things to be thankful for this week:
1. One of my best friend getting her hubby back on June 3!! We learned during our vacation that their second application for compassionate reassignment was accepted by the Army, and now they have a date for their reunion. I could not be happier for them!! Oh, and in the midst of all that stress, she passed her college finals and is on her best way to help provide a great future for their family.
2. The sounds of spring. We have a few ponds near our house and meadows all around it, so there's tons of birds singing, frogs quacking, and insects humming around. I'll miss these sounds once we move!
3. The floors being installed! It looks so nice, finally, no concrete floors any more :-)
4. Hubby being such a great partner in shopping for stuff for the house. Bought literally all the light fixtures today, and he was so involved. I'd hate to pick out everything by myself. This way, it'll totally by OUR home!
5. Violet seeming to go through somewhat of a development spurt right now. I feel as if she's been making big progress this last week, and I'm truly, truly thankful for that!
6. Getting to spend some time with a friend browsing the baby basar to pick up some stuff for our babies and having lunch. I don't get enough grown-up girls' time!
7. My colleague offering to help us out during the move. We definitely can use every pair of hands.
8. Hubby being concerned about my general education and got Pulp Fiction for me. Finally, I may get some of the related jokes!
9. This wonderful hand-crafted ice cream at my go-to place. They always have a surprise flavor, and the nice guy in front of me, who got it let me try it. I have to say, I'm not a fan of bananas, but this banana chocolate ice cream (that's at least what I think it was) was delicious!
10. Having a place that's called home, which isn't actually a place but anywhere I am with my loved ones. We've moved so much in the last years, this will be our 5th move in our 8 years of marriage. In every place we've made memories, and it was difficult to leave, but I was fine because got to go with the most precious people in my life. Having my family is something I'm thankful for from the moment I wake up to the second I fall asleep. And when I sleep, too!
Have a great weekend, everyone!