Sunday, May 18, 2014
Week In Review - Ten Things Of Thankful (48)
And once again, a weekend is over. And we're officially kicking off a very stressful two-week period, with a whole bunch of things to check off a list that doesn't exist yet but still needs to be put together. So, before plunging into a new week, it's time to review all the great things to be thankful for during this past week:
1. The most beautiful double rainbow I've ever seen. Especially the inner rainbow was so colorful and bright, it was amazing. And it ended right in the meadow next to our house!
2. Deciding to switch to the birth center in Bamberg. We had our first appointment with the OB/GYN there on Tuesday, and he was amazing. He was so great with the girls and took tons of time for us and reviewed the entire pregnancy to confirm that everything was alright with both of us.
3. Bassoon concertos by Vivaldi. Simply so beautiful, and I do get private concerts every once in a while :-)
4. The paint in the house looking amazing! The painter took the freedom (upon conferring with us) to include some alternative wall design, and we're glad he did!!
5. My yogurt gums having dried up to perfection. I actually don't like them that much when I open a new pack, but after sitting a week or two, they are just awesome!
6. The fun day with Violet and my parents shopping for new room sets for the girls. We got a pretty good deal on the furniture, great inspiration for the wardrobe situation in our room and Violet enjoyed running around the furniture store, trying out the perfect princess beds (which her horrible parents won't buy her), playing with all the fake lap tops there without anyone telling her "no". We all were exhausted at the end of the day, but had such a great time!
7. "YouTube Wish List" with the girls.
Lily's first wish:
Violet's first pick:
YAY, our girls have a good taste in music (and Daddy gets a rest from Frozen songs in non-stop repeat)
8. Seeing Violet bunny-hopping along the hallway butt-naked with her pants and undies at her ankles on her way to the bathtub. Hubby scolded her (because it's dangerous as she could fall), and me (for cracking up even though indeed she could have fallen and hurt herself), but just thinking about it now makes me giggle like crazy all over again. It was hilarious and totally absurd :-)
9. Having a moving date: May 31st it will be!!! Now keep your fingers crossed that we find a few more volunteers who actually show up to help us move our stuff :-)
10. Lily's second wobbly tooth finally being out. It took a little rough tooth brushing from my end, but it's out!! Now off to Tooth Fairy duty!!
Have a wonderful week, everyone!!