Saturday, May 10, 2014

Week In Review - Ten Things Of Thankful (47)


Ten Things of Thankful


I can't believe that it's been two weeks already. We're back from our vacation; our time away was so relaxing, just what we needed after all the stress at work and with the house the weeks prior. But even though I was off the net for those two weeks, there were plenty of things to be thankful for, many more than ten, because of the many wonderful things we got to experience during those weeks. The top ten:

1. The journeys to and from the States being so smooth and relatively painless. Lily's definitely become an expert traveler!

2. The truly relaxing time we got to spend in San Antonio. I read two books, everyone got plenty of sleep, hubby and I had a lunch and book store date, and the kids got to spend tons of quality time with all their American cousins.

3. Greatly improving my relationship with my in-laws. I don't know if it's baby boy's influence or just some expansion of horizons on all sides, but I am sure glad we took this trip alone for this result!

4. Not returning to work to find a mailbox stuffed to the brim. My colleague definitely must have worked her butt off during those two weeks.

5. Having awesome neighbors and friends who go to the house twice a day to open and close windows while we're on vacation. Wouldn't know what to do without them!

6. Ordering the flooring for the house and getting it installed the week after the painter is finished. It seems as if we start moving by the end of the month!!

7. Having a really good meeting with the midwife. Things are definitely different here, as I will have to get once again a different midwife to care of us the weeks after little baby boy is born because the birth center is too far from our home and the midwives have to remain within 20 minutes of it while on duty. Really miss my midwife in Belleview, WA, but at least baby boy will not be born in a birth center again!

8. Whole-rye bread. Makes even Nutella wholesome!

9. Sleeping in our own bed. Even though I slept good and much at the in-law's house, there's nothing better than one's own bed!

10. Department lunch at the manager's restaurant at work. Believe me, listening to your team head and the department head share stories of their neighbors doing "it" in plain sight (imagine windows without blinds and green fences that do not take multi-story buildings into consideration) was priceless!


I hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend!!  We're going to try and get over the last bits of jetlag still lingering around.

20 comments:

  1. Wonderful trip huh? Thats great...so nice to have the relationships change to the positive!
    that midwife adjustment must be tough...you always want the familiar at those times....but like you said a huge plus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just happy that I won't have to go to the hospital again, Zoe. I'll definitely have a lot more different caregivers than last time, but at least I'll know the midwives that are going to be there during birth. I am glad, too, that our relationship with the in-laws is so much better now! Have a great new week, Zoe!

      Delete
  2. Aww, totally have missed you and was hoping your trip was a good one. Glad to hear that you got to relax and enjoy some much needed time off, as well as return to home where your coworkers helped to make the ease that much easier. Wishing you a great rest of the weekend, as well as a Happy Mother's Day, too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Janine, that's so sweet of you! It was such a relaxing time, I wished I could have stayed another week :-) Have a great new week!!

      Delete
  3. BWAHAAH I like #10. That sounds like a great lunch to have been at.

    Glad you're back in your own bed. That's always a lovely feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Lizzi, it was priceless!!! There were so many candid topics on the table :-) I'm glad I ended up sitting there, we definitely had a blast!!! Sleeping in my bed is so relaxing again, even though the new mattress at the in-laws' house wasn't bad either!

      Delete
  4. Improving your relationship with your in-laws is most certainly a huge thing for which to be thankful. It makes everything so much easier.
    I'm glad you had such a great time in the states. I can't wait to see you moved into your new house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We may be moving in at the end of the months already! Can't believe how fast things are moving all of a sudden... I'm really thankful for the great time we got to spend with Richard's family. And I now really look forward to the next time we're going after kind of dreading the trip this time. Have a great new week, Christine!

      Delete
  5. Glad you had a great trip! Two weeks is a long time to be away from home, so I know your bed felt great when you got back. Good that you got to improve your relationship with your in-laws, the girls got to spend time with their cousins, and you got some much-needed R&R. Now, hopefully, the house will be completed in a few weeks and you will have THAT worry off your chest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, Dyanne, I could have stayed another week, that's how relaxing it was. Loved to do just what I wanted, and actually never had any cabin-fever this time around :-) Can't wait to move, even though right now I'm almost freaking again because of all the things we still have to organize. But this will pass, too, and in 6 weeks or so, we'll live in our house!!

      Delete
  6. I'm so glad that your trip was easy and stress free. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Jen! It was more relaxing than I can say, my batteries are recharged to 100%, and I don't know when I have felt that way last time. Have a great new week!

      Delete
  7. A good in-law relationship is definitely something to be thankful for!
    I went to San Antonio many years ago and loved it, such a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad we got to work some things out. I'm truly looking forward to going to visit next time. I'm actually not too much a fan of San Antonio, but the ranch with private pool, playground, and several bbq grills can't be beat :-) Thank you very for stopping by, Cyndy and have a wonderful new week!

      Delete
  8. Yes, I so like coming home to my bed after a trip.

    I'm glad you had a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Last time we went to see the in-laws, the bed was so, so uncomfortable. This time, there was a brand-new mattress, and was it comfy!! Still, our own bed is the best... Have a great new week!

      Delete
  9. Sounds like it was a vacation well worth it, and it sounds like you scored brownie points with the in-laws, always a plus. It is also awesome to return to work and not be swamped. (That is always the worst -- to come back from vacation to find more work AND stress. Defeats the purpose of a vacay!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there was no real need to score brownie points with the in-laws, we just got some very important issues worked out, and I'm really glad about it. I'm definitely well back at work, getting ready to hand over the first topics in preparation for my maternity leave. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  10. Sure sounds like you had a great trip and I'm glad you are back. This is awful but I am so far behind that I didn't even know you were having a boy!! That's wonderful but mostly I'm glad that you (and he) are healthy. I know exactly what you mean about coming home to your own bed. I always miss mine, no matter how nice the one I'm sleeping in while away.
    I bet you are getting excited to move into your house, aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're really excited for getting the interior of the house finished right now. The painter is a little "difficult" and I hope that at the end of the week, everything will look nice.

      Yup, we're going to have a little boy, got it confirmed again today :-) I guess it's finally time to start selling all the girls' stuff ;-)

      Have a great new week, Sandy!

      Delete