Saturday, March 15, 2014
Week In Review - Ten Things Of Thankful (39)
Today was a sucky day for me, don't ask my why. I was in a foul mood from the moment I got up, and no matter what I did, it wouldn't improve, I was simply annoyed as hell. I tried cappuccino for breakfast, even got some time to myself to read my magazine. I tried baking, I tried soup, but nothing seemed to help. Therefore, this week's TToT is definitely an excercise of focussing and meditation of the blessings in my life.
This week's top ten:
1. Having a good appointment with our midwife and OB/GYN on Monday. Baby was hiding from the doppler again, but we got a good heartbeat after searching a little. And we found out that we'll have our big ultrasound on our wedding anniversary!
2. Work being not overly busy this week, which helped a lot subbing for two colleagues on vacation on top of my own work. Still got some overtime in.
3. The weather, beautiful, beautiful spring weather.
4. Being off work on Thursday and very, very productive. I took off work because it was sign-up day for elementary school, and the kids of working parents were conveniently scheduled in the middle of the day. But that way, hubby and I shared a quiet breakfast at home, I folded two loads of laundry (or what was left of it after we started picking the clean clothes out of the basket already), we comleted the paperwork and faced the reality that come September, we'll have a 1st-grader, spring-cleaned the car, I ran a round with my neighbor, and got to spend some time crafting with the girls.
5. Orange-ginger infused green tea. My vanilla black tea had run out, and I felt adventurous...
6. Another impromptu geeky-date with hubby watching "Cosmos" by and with Neil deGrass Tyson, and I even managed to stay awake!
7. My colleague cooking some veggie stew and sharing it with me.
8. Patient, patient little girls. I know, I was a really mean parent today, and they were still so sweet. Tomorrow will be a better day.
9. Finding a show with David Tennant for tonight. The dubbing is weird, and I may have to get the show again in English, but I guess any David Tennant is better than the other stuff that's on.
10. Not being able to drink wine at the moment. If I could, I guess tonight would be a night when I'd drink a glass or five too many and would regret it tomorrow.
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend, and thank you, Lizzi et al. for hosting this wonderful link-up!