Saturday, March 15, 2014

Week In Review - Ten Things Of Thankful (39)


Ten Things of Thankful



Today was a sucky day for me, don't ask my why. I was in a foul mood from the moment I got up, and no matter what I did, it wouldn't improve, I was simply annoyed as hell. I tried cappuccino for breakfast, even got some time to myself to read my magazine. I tried baking, I tried soup, but nothing seemed to help. Therefore, this week's TToT is definitely an excercise of focussing and meditation of the blessings in my life.

This week's top ten:

1. Having a good appointment with our midwife and OB/GYN on Monday. Baby was hiding from the doppler again, but we got a good heartbeat after searching a little. And we found out that we'll have our big ultrasound on our wedding anniversary!

2. Work being not overly busy this week, which helped a lot subbing for two colleagues on vacation on top of my own work. Still got some overtime in.

3. The weather, beautiful, beautiful spring weather.

4. Being off work on Thursday and very, very productive. I took off work because it was sign-up day for elementary school, and the kids of working parents were conveniently scheduled in the middle of the day. But that way, hubby and I shared a quiet breakfast at home, I folded two loads of laundry (or what was left of it after we started picking the clean clothes out of the basket already), we comleted the paperwork and faced the reality that come September, we'll have a 1st-grader, spring-cleaned the car, I ran a round with my neighbor, and got to spend some time crafting with the girls.

5. Orange-ginger infused green tea. My vanilla black tea had run out, and I felt adventurous...

6. Another impromptu  geeky-date with hubby watching "Cosmos" by and with Neil deGrass Tyson, and I even managed to stay awake!

7. My colleague cooking some veggie stew and sharing it with me.

8. Patient, patient little girls. I know, I was a really mean parent today, and they were still so sweet. Tomorrow will be a better day.

9. Finding a show with David Tennant for tonight. The dubbing is weird, and I may have to get the show again in English, but I guess any David Tennant is better than the other stuff that's on.

10. Not being able to drink wine at the moment. If I could, I guess tonight would be a night when I'd drink a glass or five too many and would regret it tomorrow.


Wishing you all a wonderful weekend, and thank you, Lizzi et al. for hosting this wonderful link-up!


22 comments:

  1. I understand and you making the best of it makes it a good ten things of thankful! xox! jean :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely have no right to complin about a thing, Jean, which makes those moods even more frustrating. Hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. yeah, what is it with (those days*), I have fallen into that state recently and it's really aggravating. I tend to hate everything, ok we all do that! then, in the middle of a day when everything sucks, I remind myself that it is me that is responsible for the feeling bad… that really pisses me off.

    lol

    it passes, of course.


    * a say in a 'high state of annoy'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really "feeling bad" per se, as long as no-one talks to me or touches me or wants anything from me :-) But little stinkers usually talk and touch and demand things all day long. But I baked them cake for compensation :-)

      Delete
    2. I am in total agreement ... you know "what he said." Hate it when I have those days... today? Why yes! ARGH!!!!!! maybe I will bake a cake now... did it help?

      Delete
    3. Not really. It often does, but yesterday was a really bad case of foul mood. Doing a lot better today :-)

      Delete
  3. So sorry you had one of those days :( The good news is that it will pass. You still managed to find so very much good to be grateful for and I hope it helped a little. Take care of yourself and the wee one and give those beauties of yours extra kisses and hugs. That's my official recommendation!

    XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doing better today, thanks so much, Sandy! The problem was, that I hated being touched yesterday, I just wanted to be left alone. But we had good cuddles this morning :-) Hope you're starting into a great new week!

      Delete
  4. Aww, so sorry Stephanie that it was a bad day today and hoping that tomorrow is indeed better for you. And can't wait to hear about your big sonogram on your wedding anniversary, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just one of "those" days, was fine again today :-) I'm looking forward to the appointment, too! I hope baby will forget the dislike for u/s and let us see if s/he's a little girl or boy! Have a great new week, Janine!

      Delete
  5. So sorry about the bad day. It happens. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, just felt bummed out of a potentially good day. But all was fine again today. I hope you have a wonderful week, Jen! Hugs back!

      Delete
  6. A strong heartbeat and patient little girls - those are simply perfect things to be thankful for. Hope your weekend gets better!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Tricia. Today was fine again, even Violet's constant chatter during our car ride was ok :-) Hope you have a great new week!

      Delete
  7. I hate those days - a bad mood that just won't quit is terrible. But having little girls who still love you is terrific indeed. I love trying new teas - my newest really adventuresome one was tomato mint. Very savory but really delicious!
    Hope the week ahead is full of non-grumpy days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, tomato mint reminded me of the "ketchup tea" Violet made for me on Saturday, trying to make things better for mommy :-) My current favorite is nettle and lemon grass tea, yummie!! I'm having a good week so far, and hope so do you!!

      Delete
  8. Exciting that your big ultrasound will be on your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited, too! I hope hubby and the girls will be able to make it, or I'll have to take home the envelope again and die from curiosity :-) Have a great new week, Kate!

      Delete
  9. Maybe having a really sucky day helps us to appreciate the fantastic ones more? We've all had those days when we felt like the worst mom ever, and our kiddos still love us. Ain't that grand?

    So baby is a hider. Wonder if baby will hide his or her gender as well? Guess your big ultrasound will tell us all that!

    I love it that you live out of the laundry basket as well as we do! The worst part of doing laundry is putting it away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't know why putting away the laundry is really the most difficult thing :-) Baby's been a hider from the beginning. The first time the midwife tried to find the heartbeat, I almost died when she couldn't find anything, and still nothing, and more silence. She heard the baby moving before she could hear the heartbeat :-) I'm definitely glad that I'm doing better again and enjoy cuddling those cute little girls until they flee!! Have a wonderful week, Dyanne!

      Delete
  10. How special to have your big us on your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so, too, when they suggested that date :-) Can't wait to find out if there's a little sister or brother cooking in there!!

      Delete