Saturday, March 29, 2014
Week In Review - Ten Things Of Thankful (41)
Today was a glorious day, filled with enough things to be thankful for to be done with the ten. I actually managed to go to bed at a decent time. After wiping a poopie butt at butt-crack in the morning I also got tons of cuddles from our little Violet who rather came to bed with me than return to her own. Lily and Violet both got up at 6; I made them breakfast and we agreed that they'd brush their teeth and then play until about 8 while I would catch some more zzz's. In return, there would be a surprise in for them. So after I got up and ready for the day, I packed the car with two excited girls to head to IKEA for a mommy-daughters breakfast and then playtime for them at Smalland and serious exhibit viewing for me for the next two hours. Back home, hubby made breakfast for the girls and we had some quiet time. The rest of the day was filled with dancing, cooking, talking to my mom / grandma, and playing outside. The weather was just so beautiful, perfect t-shirt weather, so I went to the store to have the first grilled sausage dinner of the year. Can't wait for more of these to come this season!!
Besides this perfect day, there were still tons of more things to be thankful for this week:
1. Figuring out another task at my work, being thrown into cold water by my co-worker. I was pee'd as hell first, but now I'm actually glad I had the opportunity to learn yet another part of the processes our team is dealing with.
2. Not working for 3 any more come Monday. One of my co-workers is back, and I can't wait to hear all about her 3 weeks of backpacking in Thailand!
3. Having gotten closer to a girl I obviously went to college with back in the days but didn't remember at all at the reunion 2 years ago. She's working as a free-lance translator now and is going to have a baby about a month before our little one is due. Can't wait to spend more time with her!
4. The opportunity every new day brings. I was pretty uninspired around New Years this time, but by now I have tackled a few more areas I definitely need to improve, and it's not going bad so far.
5. A new microwave, which is going to nuke the raspberries to go with my vanilla ice cream later.
6. Getting business cards!! I know it's completely shallow, but I'm excited like a little girl having gotten a pack of them on Friday..
7. Working out with the girls. Besides running with Lily every once in a while, I'm starting doing yoga with them in the evenings now. Violet was too tired today, but Lily loved it!
8. Spring having arrived early. Many trees are in full bloom already and I'm excited that we're not going to miss the beauty while we're in TX.
9. Our girls loving me even though I'm the most sieve-brained person one could imagine. I had totally forgotten Lily's trip to the planetarium last week, and therefore didn't pack her a drink. She mentioned it during dinner, but added that it didn't matter as she drank a glass of juice before heading out that day. Love that girl!!!
10. Finally getting our car washed. It was much, much, much overdue, but eventually managed to overcome the spirit of procrastination.
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!