Saturday, March 1, 2014
Week In Review - Ten Things Of Thankful (37)
And just like that, half my weekend is over. I found a time machine called "sleep"! I always thought the fatigue would be over after the first trimester (at least it used to be like that); right now I feel as if it's hitting in full force now. But at least I managed to be somewhat productive, preparing the house for a visit from the parents tomorrow.
The ten things I'm incredible thankful for this week:
1. The birthday breakfast out I shared with hubby. We don't get too much couple-time any more these days, and once baby joins us, these moments will become even more scarce, so we enjoy them as they come.
2. Having a fairly easy time back at work. There are times after some time off when I spent days to work through my emails. This time, I managed to sorth through them within a few hours and could go right to my actual work.
3. The kind welcome my colleagues gave me on my first day back. They had decorated my desk for my birthday and besides two gorgeous orchids gave me a bunch of gift cards that will come in very handy once we move.
4. Me not being the only one who was absolutely annoyed by the host guy from the meeting on Wednesday. Obvioulsy, everyone was, and we had quite some conversations about that meeting later.
5. Watching Violet play with Lily's FurReal cat today. She was so adorable with it, and I really can't wait having real cats now :-)
6. All the cuddles I shared with Lily the past couple of days. I promise, one night I will fall asleep in her bed and wake up the next morning :-)
7. Seeing the first strawberries at the store. I didn't buy any because I know they only taste like water, but they smell yummie, and their color just makes me happy.
8. The crunchie cereal I used to get as a child. I found it at the store the other day, and it still tastes like it did when I was little. It has happened a lot that things I remember from my childhood are simply not the same any more now. But this cereal is still the same.
9. Hubby baking me apple pie for my birthday. He's the best!!
10. Expecting my parents for a late birthday lunch tomorrow. We're going to try a new restaurant, and hope it's going to be good :-)
Have a great weekend, everyone, and thank you for hosting, Lizzi!!