Can you believe it's been forty plus some rogue weeks of Ten Things of Thankful?? Can't believe it. What a wonderful place Lizzi has created to focus on the good things in our lives, no matter how we feel. At the moment I feel totally exhausted and over-tired. Anyone ever heard of second trimester fatigue? Don'T remember it ever having been that bad. But even though I've spent part of this week in a haze, there are plenty of things to be thankful for:
1. Having reconciled with my sister. A couple of weeks she'd suddenly called me, after more than 2 years of absolutely no contact at all, and wanted to meet. We had a really good day together walking through a park and having coffee and cake together. I am so glad having talked about all the hard feelings of the past, the arguments, the attacks, and finally laughing it all off together. I'm more glad than I can express to have her back in our lives.
2. Having a new nephew! Welcome to this world, little Julian!
3. Beautiful spring weather for a few days this week. The trees are starting to bloom, there are yellow and purple and green spots everywhere, how beautiful!!
4. My co-worker being awesome and taking me out to my favorite ice cream place for the first time this season.
5. Another translating job. It was only a very small job, but still.
6. Finally having finished a crafting project I've started ages ago. Pretty good feeling!
7. Getting a new Starbucks mug for my collection.
8. Getting to accompany Lily to her first race today. The weather was not very nice, and she was one of the youngest there, but she still ran a great race. So proud of our Lily!
9. Baked goods. We're going to visit my grandparents tomorrow, and since I haven't given them much (or any) prior notice, I'm going to bring the cake (afternoon coffee and cake is a very German tradition).
10. Hearing more about hubby's concert in July. He's going to play first bassoon for half of the concert. So excited to hear him play again!
Have a great weekend, everyone!
PS: In order to keep this blog somewhat pregnancy-free, I've started a second blog with regular updates. Check out the link in my top bar if you are interested how things are going.