Sunday, July 21, 2013
Week In Review - Thankful
I've decided that Lizzi's Ten Things of Thankful (TToT) is the perfect way to recap the week. While there are things I am thankful for every single day (like my family, my friends, my work, general health, etc.), there are special things happening every week - big and small - that are worth being thankful for.
Here are this week's 10:
1. Being greeted with a beautiful home-made gift (a syrup and jelly) from my coworker on Monday morning. I felt like it was my birthday even though it wasn't. And seeing her reaction about me (and another colleague of mine who got the same gift) being so excited about it. She was so truly happy that we loved it so much, which, in return, made me happy. No better way to start into a new week!
2. Not having a management position at work. Seeing all the crap my poor boss had to go through this week, and all the overtime she had to put in while not being appreciated the least made me really happy to (a) have her as my boss because she always appreciates our work, and (b) not having her job.
3. The beautiful weather. It's been perfect, simply perfect all week!
4. Having the kids I have and not the neighbor's kids.
5. Being able to have a lovely Friday evening celebrating my neighbor's birthday (not the neighbor from no. 4) and playing D&D afterward.
6. The wedding we were invited to attend. It was so beautiful witnessing a couple dedicating themselves to each other. It was such a wonderful ceremony and celebration afterward, I cannot say enough how thankful I am having been invited.
7. Lily. She surprises me over and over again. She and Violet have been flower girls at the wedding; and while Lily has been unsure whether she liked doing it or not, she did so well. Watching her walking in in front of the bride and groom, next to Violet, carrying the rings, I nearly cried. She had the most solemn look on her face, full of concentration and tenderness, which I will never forget. (yes, I'm tearing up all over again now). I'm so proud of her, and of course of little Violet as well, who did a wonderful job!
8. The beautiful moon I got to watch on our way home from the wedding.
9. The nap on the picnic blanket I got on the playground today while Lily played.
10. Sitting on the porch with a glass of blush wine, writing this.
Thank you so much for hosting once again, Lizzi!