In the last week, I was lucky enough to receive not one but two Liebster awards, and while those two aren't my first ones, I still cannot tell you how much appreciate it. It's a great pick-me-up always, being honored by peers, especially ladies I am totally fan-girling on!! Thank you so much, Lizzi "Miss Considerer" and Sandy from Mother of Imperfection. Thank you SO, SO much, ladies!!
As I was nominated by two ladies, I allowed myself to write one master-Liebster post, I hope you'll forgive me!!
Random things about me?? Great, I'm pretty random!
1. I have seen more of the world than of my native Germany.
2. I'm almost scared to like new music and seek approval from the hubby first.
3. My mom was surprised that I was able to bake and cook.
4. I pretty nearly failed math in highschool.
5. I used to work as a security guard at a rock festival.
6. I hate camping.
7. One day, I will take the LP-player and a good part of his records off my dad's hands, but he doesn't know yet :-)
8. I used to bartend at an Irish pub.
9. I'm a procratinator extraordinaire.
10. Weddings make my cry. No matter how cheesy, I can't help it..
11. I used to be the only girl at a martial arts dojo, and the guys did not have fun!
Here are Lizzi's questions:
1. What did you want to be when you were grown-up?
Ohh, many things.. Firefighter and vet were among them.. At 18 I realized what I really, really wanted to be is a translator, so I did the school, I passed the finals, and now work a corporate accounting job.. Still dreaming of one day translating a book...
2. If you could take any qualification in the world, what would it be, and why?
That's a really hard one.. I would love to have a certification as a speech therapist. Our older daughter is in speech therapy, and I see how much it changes her life. I am a passionate linguist and would love to give the gift of speech to others as well...
3. What's the most tired you've ever been?
Violet had a phase when she would wake up 5 or 6 times a night and wanted to be nursed. I had to get up at 6 in the morning for work.. I almost fell asleep during a workshop, it was horrible!
4. What was your last 'kairos moment'?
Holding our girls tonight. If I could pause time, it's the moment they throw their arms around me and rest their foreheads against my shoulder...
5. What did you eat for breakfast this morning?
Nutella on whole grain artisan bread. Very adult, isn't it?? ;-)
6. What is the most perfect number?
7. The last time you got given a present, what was the occasion?
I got a votiv candle holder today from Violet. She had made it in kindergarten, SO pretty!! No real occasion, just because it was Thursday ;-)
8. Which book do you keep coming back to?
Smilla's Sense of Snow by Peter Hoeg
9. What advice would you like to give the 'you' of ten years ago?
Don't worry, he's going to come along!
10. What part of 'now' would you like to remind the 'you' in ten years' time about?
The chaos, the fun, the exhaustion...
11. What was the last thing which made you catch your breath in awe?
Johnny Cash's version of "Hurt".. So beautiful, so sad, so strong..
And here's Sandy's turn:
1. Give me one word that describes you from your own point of view.
2. What is the gutsiest thing you’ve ever done?
Calling off the job interview for my absolute dream job to go on a first date with a certain dude..
3. Who has impacted you greatly but has no idea?
So many people.. Many bloggers sure have, my boss has, my daughters probably have impacted me the most..
4. If you could have dinner with any three people, living or dead, who would they be?
David Tennant, Anne Boleyn, Rosa Luxemburg
5. What do you like on your pizza?
Cheese, mushrooms, tomatoes, zucchini, bell pepper
6. Do you have an irrational fear from your childhood?
Don't think so.. All my irrational fears were acquired later..
7. What is the one thing you use most in your house?
8. Miley. Smart cookie or doing a Britney/Lilo/Amanda?
Won't comment on that. Can't stand that person, so I think that time will take its regular course..
9. Have you ever bought something from an infomercial or and As Seen On TV item? If so, what?
Nope, but I love the question ;-)
10. What are you most proud of?
Being where I am today. In June of 2010 we arrived in Germany with 3 suitcases and about 10 boxes at my friend's house. But within 2 months we were completely back on our feet moving into our new apartment, having a great job, basically everything we hoped for.
11. Who would play you in a movie about your life?
Coming to my 11 Questions for you:
1. What is the most memorable holiday gift you've ever received?
2. What is better: giving or receiving?
3. Red wine or white wine?
4. If you could pick one period in world history, when would you love to live?
5. Pants or skirts/dresses?
6. Do you still own your favorite stuffed anima/doll from your childhood?
7. Where is your favorite place to be in your home?
8. What vacation did you enjoy most? Why?
9. You get a voucher for a vacation, where do you go?
10. Have you turned into the person you thought you would 15 years ago?
11. Which song describes you best?
And here's the rule breaker:
I won't nominate any bloggers in particular, because there are way too many great ones out there. I'm simply nominate everyone who would like to take part and is not completely put off by my questions. I'm looking forward to many, many responses!